Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
The Movie Christmas Cottage >

The Movie Christmas Cottage

The Movie Christmas Cottage

Old 12-19-2009, 11:50 PM
Power Poster

Did any of you watch this movie Saturday night? About Thomas Kinkade? I really enjoyed it...I thought it was very interesting and it was nice seeing some of those actors again, too:D:D:D
I have always loved Kinkade's paintings :D:D:D His use of light is awesome... I wish the fabrics of his paintings could show the same "spark of light" that his paintings do..... He truly is the "Painter of Light" :D:D:D
I worked with a young man who used to work for Thomas Kinkade... I was invited to his house to see the numbered and hand signed lithographs Kinkade would give to his employees periodically. Some were absolutely breath taking...he said that the original paintings were positively amazing!!! I was told that he is a wonderful person, and he generously gives his work to many charities for fund raising. What a wonderful artist and person :D:D:D

Check out his biography...it is pretty interesting how he incorporates his family and himself into his paintings, and how much Norman Rockwell influenced him.. Rockwell is even in one of them :D:D:D
Old 12-20-2009, 12:01 AM

I wanted to watch it but I forgot about it. I hope it comes on again. Maybe I won't forget it again.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:25 AM
Power Poster

I am sure it will be on again!!! These channels seem to love rerunning them!!! :D:D:D
It is on the Lifetime channel for those of you that may want to watch for it :wink:
Old 12-20-2009, 12:40 AM
Power Poster

I am sooooo bad at remembering actors and actresses names :roll:
The bailiff from night court, one of the actors who played in Clint Eastwoods "Monkey Movies" LOL "Right Turn Clyde" :D:D:D
The housemother from the sitcom....with Trudi,Blair, Natalie and Jo...what was the name of that show?
I am sure that there were a couple of more in this movie I may not have recognized from older shows and movies.
Can any of you help fill in the blanks?
Old 12-20-2009, 05:26 AM

I think the house mother was played by Charlotte Rae. When you need info on actors check out

www.imdb.com

You can put in a movie/TV title or any actor's name and find out everyone that was in it.

I put in the Christmas Cottage and Charlotte Rae does come up along with several other very famous actors.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:29 AM

I watched that last night. I really enjoyed that movie. I almost never watch TV. When the hubby gets a family movie they get frustrated cause I always end up getting up and doing things around the house or I fall asleep. I stayed put the entire time watching Thomas Kinkade. They were impressed.
We have a place over here called The Kemah Boardwalk. They have a small Thomas Kinkade shop/display store. I love going in there. They have lights shining on each painting. When you dim the lights down it looks like the ones in the painting get brighter and brighter. It's soo pretty.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:14 AM
Banned

I forgot all about it. I love his work as well and he's written some good books to. I've read them all
Old 12-20-2009, 07:43 AM
Power Poster

No, I didn't :cry: , but sure would have liked too.
I love Thomas kinkade.
It's unbelievable all the different kinds of things he has created. They are all awesome.
He is a kind and generous man. :-D
Old 12-20-2009, 07:52 AM

Oooh, Thomas Kincaide's work is absolutely amazing. My mother introduced me to his work and I have been a fan ever since. When in NYC, I went to a Kincaide gallery and it was almost too much for my eyes.

He has also written a bunch of books. Our library carries them and I've been reading my way through as they become available from other borrowers!

This is one movie I am definitely going to look for - thanks for posting!
Old 12-20-2009, 12:32 PM

The movie was really good. Almost more of a tribute to his mentor than a movie about him. I love his work.