Interfacing Blinds

Old 12-08-2022, 02:59 PM

Default Interfacing Blinds

I purchased some sliding panel blinds on line and they look good but they are so flimsy I'm afraid they will tear easily.
Opinions on whether I should/could interface them before I hang them and if so, what interfacing? I would use a fusible on the back...Maybe SF101? Something stronger? I'm pretty sure they will take the heat of the iron.

Watson
Old 12-08-2022, 08:34 PM
Power Poster

Are the blinds for windows? I like my windows to totally block light so I put up an inner curtain on a pressure rod with dark fleece material. I then put the “ show” curtain up to look pretty.
Old 12-10-2022, 08:48 AM
Power Poster

You have a good enough sense as to what is good, bad and indifferent Watson. So trust your gut, and not start messing with them to make them "right". You're already questioning them, and times like this, usually means, that no matter what one does, it mostly never rights itself.

Been there, done that, myself! And those experiences remind me that I will never be happy!

Good Luck!

Old 12-12-2022, 03:28 PM

If you think they might not hold up to regular use, send them back and look for something else. Why mess with them? Your time could be better spent creating one of your beautiful art quilts. If you really need something to cover windows short term, fabric from you stash may just do the trick.