Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I Spy Quilts >

I Spy Quilts

I Spy Quilts

Old 01-12-2023, 02:19 PM

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........................
Old 01-12-2023, 03:01 PM

No clue what happend above

Originally Posted by lindaschipper View Post
Great panel for I spy. Can I ask the manufacturer please? I make Project Linus Quilts and know they would be appreciated.
The fabric is called "abc with me" De Leon Design Group * The Alexander Henry Fabrics Collection c 2013.

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
Sometimes the best solution is just to use the panel as a whole, add borders and quilting, and call it a day.
Some will be just plain panels.

Today (1/12/2023) I went to the heart doctor—yearly stuff only and a lady was there with her scissors, embroidery floss, needle package and then fabric. It was all horses on a darker brown background. It’s beautiful with its tan back and borders. NO frame just being tied off. Of course, I asked about it and she said that it is a Prayer Quilt for nursing homes. I immediately thought that I could also do several of these into prayer quilts for the kids in a hospital. We talked for almost 45 minutes.

Old 01-13-2023, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by MaryKa View Post
My Newest Quilt Trial.

What are your I Spy's?
I'm currently on a break from I Spy quilts, although I still do have a full box of fabrics ready for more when I want to go back to them. Here is a link to some of mine. :-)

Old 01-13-2023, 12:17 PM

Last charity one I made was bed size 58 x 80 with no batting but fleece backing. I include 2 blocks of every fabric and sew in a label that says “ find 2 matching blocks.” I’ve been told I Spy quilts are good learning tools for non English speaking children.
Old 01-14-2023, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by bkay View Post
I bought that panel at Hobby Lobby. It's difficult to use because of the spacing. They didn't leave enough space between in the printing to get a complete panel and a seam without cutting off something. Mine is still in the stash.
bkay
l can see just enough space between those rows...so maybe try a row quilt with spacers of pieced blocks, border prints or flying geese .
Old 01-14-2023, 06:26 AM

Lots of "I Spies" there. A good learning piece for someone.