Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 29 Robins (sign ups closed) >

Boom 29 Robins (sign ups closed)

Boom 29 Robins (sign ups closed)

Old 07-18-2023, 07:41 AM

Sewbiz my solo camping went pretty well. First day it was 15 degrees hotter then forecasted and my new sleeping arrangement was a total flop. Not to worry just went back to reclining in the front seat and I learned you don’t leave your shoes neatly outside of your car. It was a pretty big surprise placing my feet into the puddles in my shoes. There were a few showers that night. Live and learn. Already planning my next solo trip
Old 07-18-2023, 07:50 AM
Power Poster

You must have found a nice, safe place to camp solo... sorry about the heat! Back in our camping days my hubby only wanted to camp in the Fall, as he can't stand the summer heat. Once, in the Smoky Mountains, we woke up to snow everywhere! That was fun. We couldn't get down off the mountain and I was 8 months pregnant! We got home ok but the baby did come early. LOL.
Old 07-25-2023, 03:17 AM

Klaws, much love to you.
Old 07-25-2023, 09:53 AM

Klaws, I am sending you virtual hugs. I am hoping that MD, like many other health issues, will wax and wane giving you moments of reprieve. The science regarding care is always changing so hopefully you will be able to maintain for a long while. You have so many changes going on. Remember that we are here to cheer you on. If you haven't already contacted the Lighthouse for the Blind, try to find one that can help you get set up with the right computer softward to read your emails and websites for you. They may help you to find someone you can rely on to drive you around, too. You are a precious part of my quilting community. I hope you will continue to encourage us, too. Lots of love to you!
Old 07-25-2023, 10:18 AM

I echo the other posts, Klaws we feel for you and hope that treatment may help. Ibex94 that was a great suggestion, I had never heard of the lighthouse organization and wow, that would be great to get the tools needed to stay online. Hugs!
Old 07-27-2023, 09:33 AM
Power Poster

Hello Boomy Friends! Hope you are all surviving the summer heat. It's been brutal here! Good time to stay inside and finish Boom quilts.

I wanted to tell you all that I got some shocking news yesterday. I have breast cancer! It's early and very small, they say, but I have yet to see the oncologist or surgeon. All I know is that surgery and radiation is in my soon future. Because I don't know what to expect, I've asked Janice if she would take the swap over again. Thank goodness she is willing to do that! So the swap will go on. I'll be around and will keep you updated on my battle.

Those of you who are faith filled praying people, I would love your prayers.
Old 07-27-2023, 10:11 AM

Bonnie, I'm so sorry to hear your news. I think if it is early and small that should be good news in the grand scheme of things, a rainbow in the rain, now to just focus on your journey. If there is any silver lining, hopefully with all of the research this is now a curable disease. I know how scary it can be as I had a scare with a mammogram recently. Virtual hugs. We all need them, some days way more than others. and prayers and love <3
Old 07-27-2023, 05:19 PM

Bonnie, I am shocked and saddened to hear your news. Will be praying you caught it in time and once treatments are over you will be declared cancer free. Sending hugs and prayers
Old 07-27-2023, 09:47 PM
Power Poster

Bonnie you will be in my prayers.
Old 07-29-2023, 02:33 AM

Bonnie, please take good care of yourself in the coming months. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

While I’m sad about the circumstances, I’m happy to pick up the Booms again after my time off. In the coming weeks, I’ll set up a schedule for Boom 30. Hopefully it will work for you all.

Have a lovely weekend and stay cool!