Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Design wall... >

Design wall...

Design wall...

Old 04-04-2023, 10:53 AM

yes, that is next if this one stops working well. I used to have so many table cloths but gave them all away.
Old 04-05-2023, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltwoman44 View Post
Hmmff. I only asked for two yards also. total went up to $38.99 I think it was. twice. I gave up. Didn't really need it anyway. too many things on my plate. even Amazon has done this to me, if i'm interested in one thing and look at it later, price goes up! most frustrating. crooked business practices to me.
So... I actually went into the JoAnn's in town near me, and I was able to buy 2 yards of 72" felt for a few cents over $8
No crooked business practices in my case.
This JoAnn's had several different kinds of felt available. The 100% wool felt was about $30/yd The wool blend felts were less than that.
The utility felt I bought wasn't the fancy stuff.. and it was exactly as advertised.

Also, I learned to delete the cookies on my computer after visiting some web sites (especially travel sites) before going back so that the price jump doesn't happen.
Old 04-05-2023, 03:36 AM

I just use a piece of white fleece, it's nice that it comes about 60" wide
Old 04-08-2023, 10:35 AM

We used thin cotton batting, which I glued to Lauan panels and screwed to the sewing room wall. Lots of extra time and about $40 in materials, plus the batting (Trista buys the sewing stuff, idk what they cost). but truly worth it for us, to have a reliable and permanent design space big enough to lay out and play with up to queen size quilts. Trista's been learning color/tone/temperature/shape theory, has started teaching me, and we both find the ease of rearranging plus the stability to leave it up for days to be a winning combo. I love walking into the sewing room and seeing the latest designs in progress; and my own invariably take days of walking off to see it fresh another time
Old 04-13-2023, 06:23 AM

Thanks for all the great info everyone! helps a lot.
Old 04-13-2023, 10:59 AM

I have 5/8th inch insulation board from Home Depot. It is attached and covers one entire wall. It is covered with white flannel. After 12 years it does need a new flannel covering but I LOVE it! Can't imagine not having one!