Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
iron holder for end of ironing board >

iron holder for end of ironing board

iron holder for end of ironing board

Old 03-30-2023, 02:21 PM

Default iron holder for end of ironing board

I used to have an iron holder on the wide end of my ironing board. Wish i'd never given it away. Can't find one now. Anyone know where I can get one. I rearranged my sewing room and had a shelving unit I put the iron on top of. hated that but it worked well enough. now the unit is gone i need something safe to place my hot iron onto. I thought a small tall table but that doesn't seem to be a good idea. I want my old holder back!
Old 03-30-2023, 02:57 PM
Power Poster

The ironing boards at Walmart has the iron holder at the end. I guess you may have to buy a new board. I saw the smaller table top one has the holder, that may fit your board and the whole thing is about $13. I use a silicone iron rest and keep my iron face down when I'm using it. I never prop my iron up on the end. That's an accident to happen.
Old 03-30-2023, 03:01 PM

sigh, i've seen that. of course my board is fine and i have a new cover on it too. I just dug in the closet and yep, did really give away the iron rest i had that clipped on the end of the board. bad decision to give it up. so far i'm finding weird things. I've tried hardware stores too but was thinking esty or someplace. Still no luck. i like it to be off the end of my ironing board since there is really so little space to iron on as it is.
I can at least get a rest to fit it. i have it on one but it is square so i only stand it on end, then turn it off.
Old 03-30-2023, 03:19 PM

A quick GOOGLE search didn’t reveal any iron rest like you describe. I remember them. Keep my eyes open at thrift stores.
Old 03-30-2023, 03:30 PM

I've used every wording i can think of. they clip on the end of the ironing board and you can store your hot iron on it and still have the full space of the board to iron on. storage for steam iron, etc. i 've tried everything. i can find images but just not product!
Old 03-30-2023, 03:43 PM

Try the Salvation Army stores, used .
Old 03-30-2023, 04:46 PM

Go to A*mazon

Use the search term for Shepherd safe station - one comes up.

Sorry I can’t get a link to post for you.
Old 03-30-2023, 04:53 PM

that is ok. i saw that one. it fits on top of the ironing board and takes up space. the older ones would clip or clamp on and the main holder part is off the end of the board. The iron is out of the way then. I did contact Vermont Country store catalog people and they used to have them. of course! they have old time candies and such too. expensive though.
I will look again though. My son thought it might work...

Last edited by Quiltwoman44; 03-30-2023 at 04:58 PM.
Old 03-30-2023, 05:36 PM

https://www.wayfair.com/storage-orga...949.html?piid=

Is this what you were thinking of? My board is at least 20 years old if not more. I might try something like this since my iron is always in the way.

Old 03-30-2023, 05:55 PM

off the end of the ironing board, yes. but this seems to be on the ironing boards, not purchasable separately. sigh.