Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
ISO  specific pattern >

ISO specific pattern

ISO specific pattern

Old 04-23-2023, 09:06 AM

Default ISO specific pattern

Searching for the pattern only for a quilt named "Colors of Courage" for a QOV for someone I've known for 20 years. I can buy the kit, which includes everything but the batting and backing, but already have ordered a panel and fabric. Do you have one to sell? If so please message me.
Old 04-23-2023, 09:24 AM

Linda would you really need the pattern? I hope this is the pattern you have in mind. I haven’t seen this panel but I want to get one too-thanks for telling about it.
Anyway, the pieces border around is just half square triangles, quarter sq triangles and hourglass . I took a picture to show you the blocks. You can see the four HST on the corners and you put it together like a 9 patch once you get your four QST, four HST and one Hourglass made.
Let me know if I can help but sorry, I don’t have the pattern for you. I will be making one though, so thank you!
Attached Thumbnails 53fdf926-486b-45f5-9f55-b7848cf1c2a5.jpeg   c4bb50ef-8c2f-4891-b6ed-f8fc884df71b.jpeg  
Old 04-23-2023, 09:43 AM

Yes, toogie, this is the one I'm looking for. I'm the type of quilter that needs a pattern to wrap by head around things, otherwise my blocks are "wonky". I fell in love with it the minute I saw it and new it would be perfect for my friend of 20 years...both Army (Vietnam) and then a Marine in the Middle East. I may have to break down and buy the kit for $102. I'll be waiting to see yours!!
Old 04-23-2023, 10:39 AM

This block looks just like the 'Card Trick Quilt block' here is a free pattern for that block.
https://www.generations-quilt-patter...ilt-block.html

Just keep going down the page and it tells you how to make it, with some images to help. Just sub your fabric to get the look you want. It also has a chart down the page for different size blocks, cutting measurement. Here is a picture of the block, as you can see, it is the same as the pattern you want, only with different fabric placements.

https://www.generations-quilt-patter...2-finished.jpg

Last edited by quiltsfor; 04-23-2023 at 10:56 AM.
Old 04-23-2023, 11:28 AM

I know this is not the same pattern but I searched on ebay for you & they had this beautiful pattern that would make a fantastic QOV

https://www.ebay.com/itm/27580937428...3ABFBM8rmX-fVh
Old 04-23-2023, 11:35 AM

osewme....I've seen that one also. But after seeing the one I'm interested in...well, let's just say I have my heart set on it. Thank you!
Old 04-23-2023, 12:43 PM

I just searched for the pattern without a kit and didn’t find one but you might try contacting one of the shops that sells the kit to see if they will sell you a pattern.
Old 04-23-2023, 02:08 PM

You might contact the fabric manufacturer. It looks like it might be something that they plan to release as a free pattern since it is specific to that panel and fabric line.
Old 04-23-2023, 04:31 PM

On Wilmington's website its labelled coming soon so I don't know if it's out yet. I just recently found a pattern I liked. I saw it maybe a year ago but it was only available in kits and as a BOM. It took a year for it to be available as a pattern only.
Old 04-23-2023, 04:41 PM

To add to Cash's Mom post, here is the link to Wilmington Print's page for their Colors of Courage project. Hopefully they will post the pattern in the near future.

Colors of Courage Project