Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Brownie Cookies >

Brownie Cookies

Brownie Cookies

Old 05-15-2023, 11:39 AM

Default Brownie Cookies

DH was wanting something sweet to eat. I had a box of brownie mix but he didn't want brownies so.....I made up a recipe for Brownie Bookies.

1 Box Brownie Mix (18.3 oz)
1/2 cup flour
2 eggs ( I used 1 1/2 because that's all I had)
3 T. water
1/4 cup oil
1 t. vanilla
Mix all ingredients together & chill dough for about 20 minutes. Roll into small balls & then roll them in powdered sugar. Place on greased cookie sheet & bake at 350 deg. for 10 minutes. Makes approx. 5 - 6 doz. cookies (depending on the size of the balls)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I decided to try some without the powdered sugar (because I don't always have it on hand) and I also tried some rolled in granulated sugar (because I always have that on hand). They turned out good all three ways. We love them better than brownies!
Old 05-15-2023, 01:26 PM

Hold onto some!!! I"m on my way over now!!!!
Old 05-15-2023, 02:59 PM
Power Poster

Have you tried adding some chocolate chips? if so how did they turn out?
Old 05-15-2023, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
Have you tried adding some chocolate chips? if so how did they turn out?
Did not try chocolate chips with them & did not try pecans as I did not have any in the house.
DH & I did think we liked them rolled in granulated sugar best but any way you make them are delicious!
Old 05-15-2023, 05:24 PM

These sound like some that I used to make years ago using a cake mix. We'll have to try these. Just curious, how do you end uo with 1/2 an egg? haha
Old 05-15-2023, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by SueZQ from MN View Post
These sound like some that I used to make years ago using a cake mix. We'll have to try these. Just curious, how do you end uo with 1/2 an egg? haha
I was low on eggs this week & so I used a 1/2 of an egg in my pancakes for breakfast & put the other half in the fridge. If you take an egg & scramble it up, about 3 T. = 1/2 egg. I've been known to do this a lot when I'm low on eggs.
Also, I freeze eggs in case of emergencies such as this. I crack them, scramble them up & then freeze them in a little plastic container. After they are frozen I take them out of the plastic container & vaccum seal them in my Food Saver. They will last for several years like that.

Last edited by osewme; 05-15-2023 at 05:59 PM.
Old 05-16-2023, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by osewme View Post
I was low on eggs this week & so I used a 1/2 of an egg in my pancakes for breakfast & put the other half in the fridge. If you take an egg & scramble it up, about 3 T. = 1/2 egg. I've been known to do this a lot when I'm low on eggs.
Also, I freeze eggs in case of emergencies such as this. I crack them, scramble them up & then freeze them in a little plastic container. After they are frozen I take them out of the plastic container & vaccum seal them in my Food Saver. They will last for several years like that.
You can also use ground flax seed as a binder in pancakes and all sorts of other things. It's a good thing to have on hand. Buy the seeds and grind them yourself in a coffee grinder. The ground seeds go rancid fast.
Old 05-16-2023, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by osewme View Post
Thanks for the information. Now that you mention it, we used to do this in jr. high home ec. to make small batches for each kitchen.
Old 05-16-2023, 09:55 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for responding. I also wondered about the 1/2 egg. LOL
Old 05-23-2023, 08:53 AM

Thanks for the info on the eggs!