Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My Hexie Quilt is Finally Finished! >

My Hexie Quilt is Finally Finished!

My Hexie Quilt is Finally Finished!

Old 05-28-2023, 08:31 AM

Oh my word! This is such an accomplishment and such a beautiful finish. I love hexies and IF I’d ever make one, I’d love to do Grandmothers Garden with the old lot green path through it. I don’t know the name of the shade green but I want to make it like an old quilt. IF I ever make one. Perseverance, on something I may get tired of doing, is something I may lack. Also, when I start something I want to stick with it to the finish which wouldn’t be easy with a hexagon quilt. I may never make one-lol
Yours is delightful, with so many bright and different colors. A beauty for sure. I too am curious about the size of your hexies and your finish size. Congratulations on your finish!
Old 05-28-2023, 08:35 AM

That is an accomplishment. I especially like the border. Congratulations!
Old 05-28-2023, 09:34 AM

Wow, your hexie quilt is impressive! Nice work!
Old 05-28-2023, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by illinois View Post
Wow!! That is fantastic. Love the "black" borders as that really sets it off. Too, I enjoyed seeing how you chose to quilt it.
How big is this? I hope a good size for display, not just on a bed or folded as it deserves to be admired.
Great job!
Its pretty good sized. I kind of got carried away and it finished at about 56" x 60"
Old 05-28-2023, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy View Post
It's wonderful! Now that you've got EPP down, will you do more?

I started a Tula Nova in late March. Oh. My. Goodness.... It might end up a cushion rather than a quilt! I don't dislike doing it, but chosing the fabrics for each unit is challenging. I should have done as you did, and done a simple, randomly colored EPP project first.

Until I saw the enlarged border, I was going to ask if you'd appliqued it onto a background. That's a great finish, and makes the colors really pop.
I have done another EPP project. I finished the top for the Smitten quilt by Jen Kingwell and will get it quilted at some point (hopefully). lol. I did mine pretty scrappy. Right now, I'm working on a heart project. Its going to be a jacket. I'm slowly getting there. I'll post pics when I finish.
Old 05-31-2023, 12:01 PM

I'm glad you finished it! I enjoyed seeing it and it inspires me to start working on hexies too. I have the paper pieces, but need to finish a couple of my unfinished quilts first.
Old 05-31-2023, 12:06 PM
Power Poster

I love it! I've been wanting to try hexies, but I had no idea how wonderful a completely scrappy one could be.
Old 05-31-2023, 12:06 PM

Beautiful! I love that it is so colorful!
Old 05-31-2023, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
I love it! I've been wanting to try hexies, but I had no idea how wonderful a completely scrappy one could be.
I love scrappy and it seems like the more of them I do, the more I want to do. Its so much fun. No stress. Just easy stitching.
Old 06-03-2023, 12:02 PM

What a fantastic quilt! Out of curiosity, how long did it take for you to do all those hexies?