Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Whatcha Sewing this week/weekend  July 7- ? >

Whatcha Sewing this week/weekend July 7- ?

Whatcha Sewing this week/weekend July 7- ?

Old 07-08-2023, 07:38 PM

My portable design board is foam core board, with felt attached with spray adhesive.
Michaels had the board. I’d like a handle on the side.
Old 07-09-2023, 03:23 AM

1. Wal-mart sells large stackable trays for about 2 dollars. Many, many uses.
2. K, love the selvages. I have recently decided to collect cute selvages to see what comes...
3. Friday evening, the Best Press and Pounce pad arrived. I chalked up a sample with a stencil to wash/practice. Ok, now for the sandwiched quilt. Mostly, can see lines, but not sure I like this messy method. Today, I will read instructions on winding the bobbin and threading my new sit down longarm. Today, I will quilt! (Little bit nervous)
Old 07-09-2023, 04:16 AM

I made a design board using foam core cut to the size you like, place a piece of cotton batting on one side and cover edges with pretty duck tape. The tape holds the cotton batting to the board and dresses it up a bit. I've used mine for 6 years and it still works fine. Mine is 14" x 14".
Old 07-09-2023, 04:22 AM

I attended Powwow for a while yesterday morning but got too hot and had to return home. It took a lot out and made me realize I'm no Spring Chick any longer. But later I did manage to sew a few 2 1/2" pieced blocks for a mini quilt. My studio doesn't have AC so I'm sewing in the house where we do have it. I do more wool applique in the summer for this reason even though it sounds backwards. I don't mind working on the smaller wool projects in the AC as opposed to sewing in the studio sauna.
Old 07-09-2023, 05:29 AM

That Meadowland quilt is beyond cute. I grew up on a farm, but no silo.

hray, those birds are gorgeous. We have always had 4 or 5 bird feeding stations around the house, but not this year because of the bird disease that is causing chicken farms to be culled in the millions. I have 6 hens and wanted to protect them. We miss the birds terribly though.

ashley, be careful with the yellow powder that goes with the pounce system, when that came out there were a lot of mentions that it wouldn't wash out.

Lena, we used to tell ourselves we aren't 18 anymore, we've moved it to 25 now, wink wink. We had our house painted this month, SO beautiful. A 2 story A-frame I've painted by brush twice...no, I'm not 25 anymore, but when I was I wouldn't have been able to afford to have it done.

I'm so envious of those of you that have quilting machines. I have made my peace with doing quilts that are no more than 40" wide on my Janome though, and I make quilts that take a long time to finish so have also made my peace with making double sided quilts and sending them out

Last edited by KalamaQuilts; 07-09-2023 at 05:36 AM.
Old 07-09-2023, 05:29 AM

That is so colorful, very pretty.
Old 07-09-2023, 05:30 AM

I had a “sewing lesson” for 14 year old neighbor girl. She used my featherweight to get the hang of it following the lines of tablet paper then we did straight sewing on a lap size strippy quilt. She might be hooked because she loved the process.

Now I’m making a few potholders for our daughter to donate to the Fall hospital bazaar where she works.

Will be working with a group tomorrow to sew curtains for a charitable organization.

Old 07-09-2023, 05:35 AM

Brilliant when we get lots of input it sparks so many ideas. Guess what I have, reminded by your ideas? A 5 pack of canvas covered artist "panels" as opposed to wood framed canvases. Flat, super sturdy, 11"X14". We've been taking some Bob Ross classes and I bought these at a Michael's sale last year to practice on. They will be perfect and I'm excited, thank you all for your input! Stay tuned! Sharyn
Old 07-09-2023, 07:40 AM

Made a scrappy Lonestar from random pieces. It was a Project Linus challenge for crumbs. Still need borders. But overall very happy
Old 07-09-2023, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Rff1010 View Post
Made a scrappy Lonestar from random pieces. It was a Project Linus challenge for crumbs. Still need borders. But overall very happy
I’d love to see this quilt. I’ll bet it’s da bomb! :-)