Home deliveries

Old 07-27-2023, 10:58 AM

Default Home deliveries

are they starting to drop deliveries to people's homes to the street end of their driveways??? Yesterday i saw five houses with deliveries. all were in the street end of the driveways. Little brown boxes or orange Temu bags. Odd and irritating to home owners. Now my granddtr follows her deliveries she gets on her phone and knows when it is placed anywhere. Me, this is irritating. But I'm old and require manners and all the old fashioned things we were used to. Perhaps they get out of their trucks or just toss them. Looks more like tossing. Anyone having this happen?
Old 07-27-2023, 12:01 PM

Wow! That's awful. I wouldn't want my deliveries left at the end of the driveway. You might as well put a sign on it that says "Take me". I'd be very upset about that. I only get deliveries from USPS, UPS, FedEx and Amazon. They all leave my deliveries on the porch.
Old 07-27-2023, 12:17 PM

Sometimes they do depending on weather (snow they can't get up my driveway) and sometimes I think the driver is running behind schedule and they drop by msilbox. It is irritating.
Old 07-27-2023, 12:30 PM

well, hot and sunny here. so far my amazon and ups drivers have been great!!
Old 07-28-2023, 06:01 AM
Power Poster

So far all deliveries have been placed on my front porch. If delivered by post office and won't fit in the mailbox the mail carrier always brings to the door. I always give a positive feedback on line of the delivery driver if package is left on the porch. Those reviews really help the driver. Start leaving negative review if delivery is left in unacceptable spots.
Old 07-28-2023, 11:34 AM
Power Poster

I would be annoyed if packages were dropped off in the driveway. Why make it easier for the thieves?
Old 07-28-2023, 12:54 PM

Amazon has started a new thing. They text you a number that you have to give the delivery man. This prevents deliveries to wrong person. And will help avoid porch pirates I don’t know what they do if you are not home
Old 07-28-2023, 01:32 PM

We have a locked gate at our home. I sign up for delivery notifications from UPS & FedEx so I get an email when a package arrives. We have a large black box just outside our gate that they can be put inside so they aren't just sitting outside the gate in plain sight. If it's a really important delivery we will leave the gate open & the driver brings the package to the front door.
It really upsets me when I hear that packages are just left at the end of people's driveways. What is this world coming to? People are really lazy & just don't care anymore.
Old 07-28-2023, 03:04 PM
Power Poster

Every Amazon delivery, I get an instant picture of the package and where it was placed, usually always on the front porch behind one of the rocking chairs. Fed Ex always puts the packages at the side garage entrance not seen from street. Missouri Star is about all I get delivered from Fed Ex.
Old 07-28-2023, 03:36 PM

The only delivery service that dumps stuff in the driveway is FedEx. They totally ignore all instructions to leave items on the front porch. A couple of weeks ago, FedEx drove around with 2 rolls of my batting for 3 days. When they finally made the delivery, they dumped the rolls (with punctures in the packaging and the batting exposed) in the driveway. Luckily we were home or the batting would have been a real mess when it rained later in that day. I happily gave FedEx a 1 star (lowest) review for that delivery. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure FedEx couldn't care less about unhappy customers.

Last edited by BonnieJP; 07-28-2023 at 03:39 PM.