Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Name of this quilt pattern… >

Name of this quilt pattern…

Name of this quilt pattern…

Old 08-08-2023, 09:32 AM

Default Name of this quilt pattern…

Hello,
My mom passed away in Feb 2021 and I get to finish her UFO’s. She was pretty organized as to what quilts she was working on and what patterns she used, but I finished this quilt for her and I’d like to make a label for it, but I don’t know the name of the quilt pattern. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails img_1716.jpeg  
Old 08-08-2023, 09:52 AM

It appears to be called "Mama's Sampler Quilt" from an Atkinson book called "Lessons from Mama”
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1834...isting_details
https://i.etsystatic.com/8271982/r/i...77406_2ljh.jpg

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 08-08-2023, 10:00 AM

Oh that is lovely! Glad it was found for you. I hope you are cooler in Loveland, I lived in Broomfield until a few years ago. Much cooler there than down in Texas!
Old 08-08-2023, 10:12 AM

That is it-thank you for your quick reply.
Sue
Old 08-08-2023, 10:14 AM

We are cooler here for a few days and have been getting afternoon thunder/hail storms. Then back to hot later in the week. I wouldn’t be happy with your Texas heat. I’d just have to spend more time in my cooler basement sewing room. 😎
Old 08-08-2023, 10:19 AM

SChapin -- condolences on the loss of your mom. I think it is wonderful that you are finishing up her quilts! That is a true labor of love that keeps your mom close at hand as you adjust to her passing. Keep posting your beautiful finishes! You and your mother are inspiring others in here.
Old 08-08-2023, 10:33 AM

Before I saw the link that Janey posted, I was going to suggest "Pieces by Mama" for the name of the quilt if you couldn't find the original name. That quilt turned out beautiful & your mom was a great piecer of beautiful blocks. How very kind of you to finish her blocks. Thank you for sharing these with us.
Old 08-08-2023, 11:47 AM

I have a few more of her projects that I have finished and will post those in the near future. I just wish I knew of these so I could have asked her questions. I knew I was getting her material stash, I knew nothing of these quilt toppers. It does give me peace that I get to finish them for her. What a great group of quilters we have out there.
Old 08-08-2023, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by SChapin View Post
I have a few more of her projects that I have finished and will post those in the near future. I just wish I knew of these so I could have asked her questions. I knew I was getting her material stash, I knew nothing of these quilt toppers. It does give me peace that I get to finish them for her. What a great group of quilters we have out there.
Although it is bittersweet, it is kind of like quilting with your mom as you complete her projects. I am pretty sure that she is watching as you work and is smiling.
Old 08-08-2023, 04:57 PM

It is like quilting with my mom as I finish her projects. We did some paper piecing together while my mom and dad were in FL. She was always encouraging.