Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Yellow edged quilt like Eva’s >

Yellow edged quilt like Eva’s

Yellow edged quilt like Eva’s

Old 08-09-2023, 03:18 PM

Default Yellow edged quilt like Eva’s

After I finished those 65 gifts and cleaned and straightened my sewing room, I decided to finish my daughter’s King size quilt top and quilt this smaller size 65x83 inches quilt top. I tried making larger stipples but I feel more comfortable quilting closer like I did Eva’s blue quilt like this. Tell me which quilting size you prefer.

Also I am bringing my daughters King quilt top I pieced to my friend Lynn to quilt, since it’s a whopping big size. I have showed it in a smaller size, but I added 4 more rows which is 52 more blocks, to get it the King size she wanted. Since I have back problems and broke my shoulder a while back, I can’t seem to handle quilting the way I do, by free motion moving that heaviness around. Lynn’s long arm is on a frame and since she offered I’d be a fool to refuse. I don’t know what my daughter will say but I’m ready to be done with it.
This one in these photos is made entirely from my stash. I started on a day with nothing or no one on my mind for it, just wanted to sew. I love the back. It’s a buttery color and so soft to the touch.
Hope all of you are doing well. I am well but with 104 temperatures with heat index even higher, we don’t stay out much. The heat makes me weak. Take care and I hope it’s cooler where you are in this world.❤️Toogie
Attached Thumbnails 33090935-3700-4f4d-93d7-1d652c5ef052.jpeg   97c5b536-861a-40e4-82f9-45321b120e68.jpeg   935fcf62-20be-4381-a5f1-4a14d55de4ce.jpeg  
Old 08-09-2023, 03:41 PM

They both look good. Guess I'm not really voting.
As far as the heat....we are measuring around 100 every day with 50% or more humidity creating a "feels like" of 13 to 20 degrees hotter than the actual temp. We are on "danger" alert for temps every day and we aren't getting the summer rains we normally do. You would think that would make our humidity go down, but it apparently doesn't work that way.

Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 08-09-2023 at 03:45 PM.
Old 08-09-2023, 04:09 PM

I really can't decide. I like them both!

Barb, I'm in Houston (also known as the sauna of the south) and we're having the same thing. Humidity here is 45% which is pretty low for us for August, but we haven't had any rain to speak of in a long time. We won't get much cooler until Oct. so I'm just spending most of my time inside. I even went and had my car washed today. I've been washing it myself, but I have to wait until 8 or so in the evenings to do it and its usually dark before I get finished so the next day is a surprise as to whether or not I did a good job. lol
Old 08-09-2023, 05:04 PM

Nicely done. The yellow makes it so cheerful
Old 08-09-2023, 08:45 PM
Power Poster

Well done!
Old 08-09-2023, 11:55 PM

Both are wonderful ! You've been very busy in spite of your injury, hope you’re on the mend. Beautiful finishes!
Old 08-10-2023, 01:09 AM

Love the bright yellow on the quilt. I'd have to call it school bus yellow or safety yellow as it sure does draw the eye. Never would have thought of using that shade before...I like it.
I have problems with my back rib cage and my left knee, both can be very painful at times. Who knew getting older would mean a bottle of Tylenol in one hand and the ice bag in the other?
Old 08-10-2023, 03:53 AM

I love that quilt! And the yellow triangles add so much!
I'm so glad I don't live in Louisiana anymore. We've had some really humid days this summer, but nothing like the south!
Old 08-10-2023, 08:02 AM

Great quilt! I'm curious - what kind of batting do you use to make your quilt look so puffy and soft?
Old 08-10-2023, 07:09 PM

[QUOTE=Gemm;8612375]Great quilt! I'm curious - what kind of batting do you use to make your quilt look so puffy and soft?[/QUOTE

My husband and my girls too, like the poof of the quilts and they are soft. This is what I use. I can get it at JoAnns or Walmart. I think I’ve bought it at Hobby Lobby too. Don’t know if any of these stores are available to you. I know some quilters like it and some don’t, but we do.
Attached Thumbnails 840bb3d0-af05-44da-b375-7b8d6dddd18b.jpeg