Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend 10/5-10/9/23 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend 10/5-10/9/23

Virtual Quilting Weekend 10/5-10/9/23

Old 10-05-2023, 04:09 PM

Default Virtual Quilting Weekend 10/5-10/9/23

Welcome to the October VQW. It’s going to be a much cooler weekend here than it has been lately. Good time to stay inside and finish some projects which is what I plan to do. So what are your plans for the weekend?

next VQW is November 10-12.
Old 10-05-2023, 05:12 PM

hoping to finish the top of the flannel quilt I have been stitching on. It is a simple quilt, but queen sized. Last time I worked on it, I got interrupted with phone calls 6 times in less than an hour.
Old 10-06-2023, 03:25 AM

I'm working on a community quilt using a new to me technique. I think I have enough blocks made to start sewing them together.
Old 10-06-2023, 03:32 AM

Location: I live in Vero Beach, Florida but am originally from Massachusetts.

Could someone please explain how this works? I saw the post last month on the Monday that followed. Am I supposed to say what I have planned and try to accomplish that or is there more to it?
Old 10-06-2023, 04:01 AM

Yiaya, this board is laid back. VQW, as I understand, is an informal get together virtually. I just post what I hope to work on. Pics, too!
I'm working on a pixelated starfish quilt, so cutting 1.25" squares. I'm following the pattern from a recent cross stitch project. 8" blocks have 100 squares! I shortened my stitches to 1.5, instead of 2, and it has helped. My blocks aren't so wonky!
We lost electricity this morning. We were outside heading to town for Starbucks when the outside lights suddenly came on!! Walked back inside!
Old 10-06-2023, 04:22 AM

Good Morning and welcome Yiaya, as aashley333 said we are a laid back mixed group. Usually we say what we hope to get done. Then pop in at times throughout the weekend and update what we have accomplished with pics if possible, or what prevented us from getting anything done. It is fun to see what everyone is working on,
Me, I do have some donation quilts to stitch the binding down on and need to clean my sewing room. I don't have any current project out, so should look for a UFO to finish. I know I have a few in my room, just where I'm not sure. I figure if I clean it up I will find something to finish.
Old 10-06-2023, 05:02 AM

I am ready to stitch down the binding on a Halloween quilt. Then another flimsy is ready to baste and quilt. Nothing fancy. I just want to get these done. I need to work in some house upkeep and time with DM too
Old 10-06-2023, 05:55 AM

The weekend already?? I'll work on a quilt top named Double Delight by Villa Rosa Designs. Will use 3 charm paks by Riley Blake called "Homemade" from Echo park. Already cut the charms up to the sizes needed. Should be an easy pattern.
Old 10-06-2023, 06:10 AM

Would love to join in this weekend, thanks for hosting Heather! My plans are to get a Nascar quilt for our grandson loaded on the long arm. Planning on quilting it with racing checkered flags, hope what I have in mind will work out. When that quilt is finished quilting, I have another to quilt for our grandaughter. Both these quilts will be given at Christmas.

In the evenings, I am working on a diamond art picture of the Last Supper. It's quite large and may take several weeks to complete.

Last month's VQ weekend, RailroadersBrat was absent, hope she is okay and will be back to join in this weekend

Last edited by Cheesehead; 10-06-2023 at 06:13 AM.
Old 10-06-2023, 06:14 AM

I’m being Omi today, but have registered for a guild sewing day all day tomorrow. My plans are to make 4 placemats for Meals on Wheels program, not sure how far I will get. Look forward to hearing and seeing what others are working on.
Also Sunday is our anniversary and Monday is Canadian Thanksgiving, but will definitely keep checking in, and hope to get lots of inspiration!

Last edited by thimblebug6000; 10-06-2023 at 06:33 AM.