Hello Again!

Old 10-12-2023, 05:13 PM

Default Hello Again!

Hello again! I'm not necessarily a new member, but I've popped in and out over the years. I used to be a very active member of these boards and a prolific quilter. A lot has changed.

I work full time now in a profession I love, and I am no longer long arm quilting. It's not forever off the table though. I have been busy having kids and earning a few degrees and now life is settling in such a way that I'm able to make time for sewing again.

Right now I'm looking for inspiration, to see how the quilting world has changed, and to make some fun quilted things.

Hope all is well. Looking forward to getting to know you all again here on the quilting forums!
Old 10-12-2023, 08:19 PM

Welcome back - the wonderful part of quilting is it will wait for you. The fabric changes and there are new designs even new ways of cutting fabrics - but it still sews together with wonderful results.
Old 10-13-2023, 01:52 AM

Welcome back. I find that my sewing space is my balance for life. So glad life is settling to give you time to sew again. There is plenty of inspiration on here as you know. I can't wait to see some of your work. One thing for sure that has not changed on the quilting world is we still love pictures...
Old 10-13-2023, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
Welcome back - the wonderful part of quilting is it will wait for you. The fabric changes and there are new designs even new ways of cutting fabrics - but it still sews together with wonderful results.
Thank you! It's really amazing how many new artists have popped up and how many have disappeared! And yes - there certainly are many new fabrics and gadgets I'm sure that I cannot live without available now!

Thank you for the welcome. I'm looking forward to diving back in.
Old 10-13-2023, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltah Mama View Post
Welcome back. I find that my sewing space is my balance for life. So glad life is settling to give you time to sew again. There is plenty of inspiration on here as you know. I can't wait to see some of your work. One thing for sure that has not changed on the quilting world is we still love pictures...
Thank you!

It's very interesting - my fiancé knew that at one time I had a business and sewing was a huge part of my life. I've been in school so long and so busy with life for the last 5-7 years that when I sat down to sew the other day, he sort of looked at me and said, "I don't think I've ever actually seen you sew!"

I think sewing for me, like you, will add a wonderful balance and place to relax.

I look forward to sharing and viewing quilt pictures again!
Old 10-13-2023, 05:04 AM
Power Poster

Welcome back! Quilting may have to be put on the back burner for a while while you are busy with life. Look for small projects you can complete in a few hours to enjoy right away. Maybe be an I spy quilt for a child, or holiday placemats for yourself. We all go through different stages in life but quilting will wait.
Old 10-13-2023, 05:57 AM

Welcome back! I was gone for a year or so myself as I prepared myself for a major move. I find myself missing some posters and a certain degree of activity but I'm glad to be back myself.

Old 10-13-2023, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
Welcome back! Quilting may have to be put on the back burner for a while while you are busy with life. Look for small projects you can complete in a few hours to enjoy right away. Maybe be an I spy quilt for a child, or holiday placemats for yourself. We all go through different stages in life but quilting will wait.
Thank you Tartan! I certainly have been busy with life! In some hard ways but also some very good ways.

I have worked on a few small projects over the years but nothing substantial. I'd love to get back into competition quilting.

Right now I'm just working on Halloween costumes for two of my daughters, and a small hand applique project. I'd like to make something in a Baltimore Album style but haven't committed to a design. Playing around in EQ and seeing what develops.

Great to "see" you again!
Old 10-13-2023, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
Welcome back! I was gone for a year or so myself as I prepared myself for a major move. I find myself missing some posters and a certain degree of activity but I'm glad to be back myself.
Welcome back to you as well then! We are actually moving too in just a few weeks. But it's not far and I'm able to take my time to some degree - so we're fortunate.

Looking forward to seeing what you create!
Old 10-13-2023, 08:00 AM

Welcome back from Southern California! I'm looking forward to your posts and to seeing how life in between has influenced your work. And Congratulations! on those degrees.