Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Experiences with Cotton Sateen from Dharma Trading >

Experiences with Cotton Sateen from Dharma Trading

Experiences with Cotton Sateen from Dharma Trading

Old 10-23-2023, 09:34 AM

Default Experiences with Cotton Sateen from Dharma Trading

I'm curious if anyone here has used cotton sateen purchased from Dharma Trading Company? If so, what were your thoughts?

I'm working on a quilt that I'm thinking about hand dyeing the fabrics for. I considered buying Kona solids, but I'd like the sheen of cotton sateen and I enjoy the look of the subtle variation with hand dyed fabric. My only concern is really the quality of the fabric. Some of the reviews have mentioned that it can be thin and have imperfections. I'll need backing fabric with large sections that I won't want imperfections in.

Any thoughts or experiences are welcomed. Thanks!

Ps. If you've dyed any cotton sateen - I would love to see your photos and hear about your experience!
Old 10-24-2023, 04:59 AM

I don't know about the sateen fabric from Dharma and I know that's where you can order fabric dyes too. I bought sateen fabric from Batting Super Sale. com and I can state it was a very nice fabric. I'd used sateen backing fabric before that I purchased at my local fabric store and I loved the sheen as well as the drape of the fabric. You might want to check them out.