Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares) >

2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

Old 02-01-2024, 06:40 AM

Pamelor sending hugs, you are in a rough part of life, remember to take care of yourself

As a newbie I wanted to get a jumpstart on mailing my candies. The first two were ready to go, just waiting on my stamps to arrive and waiting some more. They still aren’t here and I couldn’t go to the post office. Hubby had COVID. Yesterday we were out of quarantine and I ran to the post office and mailed the envelopes. Went shopping and what do I see but a nice thick envelope sitting on my seat Somehow I managed to mail only one of the envelopes. Good grief. Back into the car and off to the post office once again and the second car was off to it’s new home
Old 02-01-2024, 07:07 AM
Power Poster

SusieQOH, what was the mailing method you thought was most successful?[/QUOTE]

Pamelor- I wasn't referring to mailing but rather how I post what I receive and from whom. This is my first year and I wasn't sure how to do it.
So sorry to hear of your loved ones issues. It's not easy.
Old 02-01-2024, 09:46 AM

OK, here is another quilt that uses 2.5's. I really should stop opening up websites, Tee-Hee-Hee! But what fun is that? This quilt is not all 2.5's but it uses a lot of them. Or you can use charm packs that you cut in to 2.5 or you could cut up a layer cake I have a couple of both on hand and I bet you might find some hiding in your stash. I like this gal's clear concise directions and have made some of her patterns before with good results. The quilt is not large but I sure like the impact of her color choices. This is video directions from Laura of SewVeryEasy. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AmQx-nzpqI
Attached Thumbnails laura-sewveryeasy-b.jpg  
Old 02-01-2024, 11:28 AM

Oh, WMUTeach, no more wonderful patterns please! I can’t start anything else new! lol.

Attached is the latest on Checkerboard Chain. I have 19 more blocks to make before I begin assembly. These have gone very fast. I really haven’t spent much time on them. I’d like to get this to the point of being a completed top in the next couple of weeks. My plate is getting full with starting the 365 quilt, the swap starting up and an ill pup. I can do it! Right???
Attached Thumbnails img_5153.jpeg  
Old 02-01-2024, 02:26 PM

Janice, loving your quilt
WMT another great one to add!!

Candy is easy to bring along!!
Old 02-01-2024, 05:03 PM

Thank you, SusieQOH, your package arrived!

1. Sewbizgirl
2. JENNR8R
3. Brenda W
4. Heathermom2opmc
5. Patrick’s Mom
6. Rebaquilts

7. Pamelor
8. Macybaby
9. SusieQOH
Old 02-02-2024, 05:17 AM

Well Punxsutawny Phil said early spring this year! In my back yard it is sunny with a few whisps of clouds. Guess it will be spring or winter for the next 6 weeks. What's new?

The Michigan Groundhog, Woody, has not made his prediction yet! Guess he is still sleeping!
Attached Thumbnails groundhog-day.jpg  
Old 02-02-2024, 12:52 PM

Thank you to Gaijin, Travelinggramma, Logcabin82 and Quossum! Your candy packages arrived today.

1. Sewbizgirl
2. JENNR8R
3. Brenda W
4. Heathermom2opmc
5. Patrick’s Mom
6. Rebaquilts

7. Pamelor
8. Macybaby
9. SusieQOH
10. Gaijin
11. Travelinggramma
12. Logcabin82
13. Quossum
Old 02-03-2024, 09:16 AM
Power Poster

Today I received:
Sewbizgirl
Travelinggramma

Thank you!

I was the ER for 14 hours (no beds) followed by emergency surgery on my husband. His stoma was blocked (ileostomy) and it was a hernia that was blocking passage of waste. What a nightmare! Almost 2 days w/o sleep. I just came home. Dorothy from Oz was so right! He's doing well but he's in ICU for at least today.

I'm learning to expect the unexpected......... It's the second time in 11 months this has happened. My poor guy
Old 02-03-2024, 11:07 AM

SusieQ, what a terrible experience for you and your hubby. I’ll keep you both in my thoughts and hope that he recovers fully very soon. Be sure to take care of yourself, too.

Spent a couple of hours making blocks for CC. I’m thoroughly enjoying making this one. Used a bunch of squares from an unopened envelope I found from Crispy Frog. I think it’s from last year. They’re terrific squares. I still have 6 small blocks to make and then it’ll be ready for assembly.