Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares) >

2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

Old 02-04-2024, 02:19 PM

Here’s Checkerboard Chain. I’ve going to start assembly tomorrow after I rearrange some blocks in the daylight. I’m very pleased with this one, not the least of it is due to ease and speed of block making. I never get something made this fast. lol. Thank you, WMUTeach, for posting it. I’ll definitely make another one with the zillions of candy squares I still have!
Attached Thumbnails img_5178.jpeg  
Old 02-04-2024, 04:13 PM

Any new word about your hubby, SuzieQHO? And how are you doing taking care of yourself? I want to dash over with a little casserole and a few cookies that you can eat now or put in the freezer for later, but there is that distance thing. Let us know how things are going and at the very least we will greet you on your birthday.
Old 02-04-2024, 04:16 PM

Yup, I still liking the CC. It looks so good and uses so many 2.5s. Love your scrappiness, Janice McC!
Old 02-04-2024, 06:00 PM
Power Poster

Great quilt top, Janice! Love all the color! Will soon be a beautiful quilt.
Old 02-05-2024, 06:33 AM
Power Poster

I appreciate all the prayers, good thoughts, and sweet messages from you all. This thing is so scary. I have the most wonderful neighbors who bring me food, hugs, you name it. The last 3 years have not been good for him. And to top it off he's always on the go. Hard to talk to him about slowing down a bit, etc.

His blood count is still low but the doc feels sure he isn't bleeding anywhere but rather from the loss of blood he experienced. He's on a blood thinner (for a couple of years now) and that is NOT recommended before surgery but this was unavoidable since it was an emergency surgery. Still getting blood but will be moved to a regular floor today. So things are looking up.
Old 02-05-2024, 07:56 AM

Susie, so glad your hubby is doing a bit better! Switching floors is so encouraging. Hoping things just get better from here.

Janice, the CC quilt is beautiful and love your choice of colors! Why wait for my birthday, I can cut myself a few more candies now.....
Old 02-05-2024, 09:18 AM

SusieQOH, continuing to think about your hubby and you and am sending healing thoughts and wishes.

Thanks for the nice comments about CC. I'm putting her together today. I'm trying webbing the top but am finding it a bit unwieldy. Just don't have enough table space to do it well. Think I'll go back to my normal, slower way of one row at a time.

Have a good day!
Old 02-05-2024, 10:42 PM
Power Poster

Praying hubby can come home soon, SuzieQ! ((((hugs))))
Old 02-06-2024, 05:31 AM

A baby sized quilt found in my "In Box" this morning that uses 2.5's . Some of you have mentioned that you don't have a deep stash of candies and this might be a good option. Easy enough to make the quilt bigger. It caught my eye because I am in need of three baby quilts in the next 8 weeks. Yikes!

https://www.sugarstitchesquiltco.com...-quilt-pattern

Old 02-06-2024, 06:09 AM

SusieQ great news on your hubby being moved to a different floor.

Janice love your CC top