Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares) >

2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

Old 02-23-2024, 11:46 AM

Macybaby, that is going to be just gorgeous! I love the chains and your pieced setting triangles and just everything. Thanks for the inspiration!
Old 02-23-2024, 01:17 PM

Macybaby great addition the chain makes. keep it going!

I am from Eastern Long Island, NY. That is about 2 hours east of NYC. My ancestors made the “agreements” with the Indians and “purchased” the lands back in 1640. I grew up with farms and beaches. We have the Long Island Sound, Atlantic Ocean, and two great bays within 10 miles of our home. Small towns where everyone knew everything.

The Hamptons is what most people hear about the south shore. Working amongst some of the very wealthy I was able to meet and get to know many. My DH visited their homes and repaired their appliances. We knew who to talk with and who you shouldn’t approach. And when they all left at end of summer – we had the place to ourselves. Many days on the beach watching the sun rise and sunset!

And of course there is the food – grew up with fresh seafood and wild game. We went out on the boat and Dad said go dig up some clams for dinner! We had a Polish part of town where they spoke Polish and had the real food. And of course plenty of bagels.

In 2003 DH sold his business, I quit my job and we went to live on wheels. A year later we sold the house and haven’t regretted it. The town isn’t the same and most our age group have moved due to the cost of living. We purchased a small place in Prescott valley AZ in 2006 and love the climate and people. But alas – we can’t sit still for long so off we go for a few years of travel to see and help the children and grandchildren.
Old 02-23-2024, 02:16 PM

Macybaby! That is beautiful!! And it isn't even Feb 25 yet!
Old 02-23-2024, 02:17 PM
Power Poster

JENNBR- Our middle son lives in Alexandria and there is so much to see and do! The history is amazing. It will take us the rest of our lives to enjoy all the area has to offer. They love it there and so do we.
Old 02-23-2024, 03:02 PM

Macybaby, I love your chained hearts! It’s going to be stunning when you’re done!
Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
Here is a sneak peak of how it's turning out. Way, way better than I expected from the colors that were left in my candi stash.

Sent the picture to my DD and she is already in love with it.
Old 02-24-2024, 05:21 AM

Oh, my how I am enjoying your home town stories. We are a varied group aren't we? Thank you for your posts everyone.

Old 02-24-2024, 02:04 PM
Power Poster

Well, today I combined all the candies and put them in a basket. I reread all the lovely cards too. I didn't want to combine them all but decided it would probably work out best for me. I'm having so much fun making my Checkerboard chain with them. I think I even saw a Harry Potter fabric. What a blast I'm having!!!!!!
THANK YOU ONE AND ALL
Old 02-24-2024, 03:33 PM

Yea for you SusieQOH. Another checkerboard chain! I just need to add the label and give my a gentle wash then I will post it on the 25 Yikes, that is tomorrow!

So glad you are having fun with your birthday candies!
Old 02-25-2024, 06:01 AM

Happy Candy Day!!!!!
Here is my work in progress. After looking at all the other quilts on the Stash buster Challenge FB - I figured out on adding a few more all colored candys rounds. I love this pattern!!
Attached Thumbnails feb-progress.jpg  
Old 02-25-2024, 06:44 AM

Happy Candy Day to all. I have nothing new to report. I still have last month’s CC unquilted. Oops! Had hoped to show it to you quilted today but life has gotten in the way. Maybe in March it’ll be done.

TG, your quilt top is wonderful! Please show us when you are done.

I’ve been enjoying your hometown stories. Unfortunately, as the victim of financial fraud repeatedly in the last few years, I don’t divulge much personal history online. I’ve found it gives scammers more info than I want them to have. I’ll have to sit this one out.

Grands will be over soon. Batten down the hatches!