Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
New Sofa Pillows >

New Sofa Pillows

New Sofa Pillows

Old 12-28-2023, 07:37 AM

Default New Sofa Pillows

I haven't done much sewing this year, just lost my mojo. I started quilting my spare bed quilt and stopped about 2/3's done and it's still on the frame waiting patiently. When spring comes, I get antsy to get outside and start working on the gardens and I just never came back inside. Now it's winter or at least cold and you'd think I start quilting again but so far I haven't touched the machine.

I had my neighbor boys come over to help me rearrange my front living room furniture as it's been in the same spot for 13 years and I needed a change. No one ever uses that side of the living room either. I plan on having an entertainment center built to look like it's built in on the other end of the living room or what I call the other living room. I needed to move the cats' toys and this prompted me to do the furniture change. I like how it looks but then I decided I needed to search for another floor lamp similar to what I already have and I found one not exact but close enough. Then I decided I needed new end tables so found a couple at our local furniture store on half price sale so that was great. Luckily they work well with my 2nd hand sofa table so I won't need to replace it too.

Finally, pulled the throw pillows I had, 4 of them, washed the covers and decided they needed some embroideries on them. I also decided to add a pleated section in the burgundy as the covers are navy. Also decided I needed more throw pillows on the sofa so now I have a total of 7 in 3 sizes. All the pillow forms come from our local thrift store, I just make covers for them as new forms are so expensive these days.

Here are my pillows and last project for the year.........I added a pleated section to the navy pillows and the printed burgundy pillows also have pleated done all on one piece of fabric to fit the pillow.
Attached Thumbnails all-7-pillows.jpg   2-end-pillows.jpg   center-pillow.jpg   simple-pleated-pillow.jpg  
Old 12-28-2023, 07:52 AM

Love your kitty cushions!
Old 12-28-2023, 08:13 AM

Oh I love your pillows! I just gave away all my decorative pillows. i am tired of getting kidded about putting pillows on my sofa!
so out went the bit of Christmas decorations I had, along with quilts and such. clothing too. Cleaning out felt good. Someone will appreciate those things and I have less to worry about.
Kitty cats make your day! so nice.
Old 12-28-2023, 09:09 AM

I like your pattern mixture and colors. The pillows, sofa quilt and sofa all look good together. Great choices!
Old 12-28-2023, 01:29 PM

Really like the pleated pillows. This gives me an idea! We all need those.
Old 12-28-2023, 05:33 PM

Just love those kitties. Sweet pillows
Old 12-29-2023, 06:03 AM

Wow, very nice. Quite an undertaking!
Old 12-29-2023, 06:47 AM

I used the pleated idea on my shams for the spare bedroom too. Had some Ombre in bright colors and by using 1.25 markings all the way across except right in the middle section, it came out perfectly to fit my pillows. The key is to fold on the mark and stitch 1/4". When I started this project, I'd forgotten how I did the last ones and marked them incorrectly. Luckily I made a test stitch out before working on the actually fabric. Those scraps sure come in handy for things like that.

Thanks all for your kind comments. And yes, I have 3 cats now in my house as I just added a kitten that hs mother dropped off to my sister's garage. He was pretty sickly but hand feeding him, numerous trips to the Vet and so on, he's now considered my "Baby Boy". My old tuxedo is considered my Sweetheart as we moved into this old house together. The middle child showed up at my back door at 5 weeks old, she's considered my Sweet Baby though she's pretty onery most of the time and hasn't accepted the kitten as yet but we're getting there and then of course my Baby Boy, he's about 5 months old now. Love them all equally.
Old 12-29-2023, 07:29 AM

Those pillows are wonderful!!! I hear yah with sewing...I took a long, long break. Just started to do a few things. Pillows, tote bags, PJ bottoms, and just finished a very easy quilt for my father for Christmas. I just bought some easy shirt patterns and going to give them a try. This cold rainy weather is not helping...makes me want to go back to bed. I also have been reorganizing and taking all of my fabrics out of totes and folding them on comic book cardboard and getting them up on the shelve on the wall. I do find that is a bit motivating and amazing to see what I do have. Takes up less space also.
Old 12-30-2023, 06:27 AM

Carolaug, I put most all my fabrics on comic book boards years ago about the time the idea came out. Love them. Have 2 sizes. Up to 3 yards on the larger size, then I change over to bolt boards I get from the fabric stores. Sure makes it easier to see what you have. All my scraps are in shoe box bins by width size and then I have a couple bins for over sized scraps, cutoffs and orphan blocks. These I keep under the cutting table. Here's an older photo of my cutting room as I have more shelves in the other room containing my batiks and dress fabrics and then I finally had to put what I call my overload of partial bolts in totes under the quilt frame for lack of room on the shelves.
Attached Thumbnails fabric-room-1-2017.jpg