Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Who needs more storage in your sewing room? >

Who needs more storage in your sewing room?

Who needs more storage in your sewing room?

Old 02-09-2024, 08:08 AM
Power Poster

Default Who needs more storage in your sewing room?

I found this and ordered it immediately. I have four doors in my sewing room three I can do front and back. I hope the door hinges are heavy duty. LOL
Amazon: watch the video
Homelux Theory Heavy Duty over the door organizer 55x14x6.7 6 large front and 12 side pockets.
Old 02-09-2024, 06:41 PM

Wow! You could put a lot in those!
Old 02-09-2024, 10:38 PM

My biggest problem isn't organizing. It having too much stuff in my sewing room. lol
Old 02-10-2024, 03:54 AM

Interesting! I'm thinking scrap storage.
Old 02-10-2024, 05:18 AM

Looks interesting, I'd like these for my guest bathroom. Nice place for them to put all their stuff when they come.
Old 02-10-2024, 05:21 AM

I'm with cashs mom 100%!!!!! My biggest problem isn't organizing either, it's just that I have TOO MUCH STUFF in my sewing room and every time I finally get organized and it looks pretty good...I end up getting more stuff! Plus the fact that my quilting table is a standard sized, heavy duty home built bed frame using 2x4's and 2x6's with a 1/2" thick sheet of plywood and then some on top of that and a 1" thick sheet and then some of wall insulation styrofoamish on top of that, then covered with a very large section of corduroy fabric...definitely overkill, but my oversized cutting mat almost covers it. I really need to cut it down some, but have 2 headboards with shelves on the long sides and a tall bookcase on the ends I removed the shelves on and use for bolts of fabric. Sorry, got off the subject, so once well organized...I end up getting MORE fabric and MORE notions, etc., and end up where I started...too much clutter! Gosh, sorry, that was long winded!
Old 02-10-2024, 06:50 AM

Thank you, One by One! You are my all things quilting influencer. The door organizer is in my Amazon cart.
Old 02-10-2024, 07:17 AM
Power Poster

Mine will be delivered today. I'll post a picture as soon as I get it up and filled.
Old 02-10-2024, 07:26 AM

Be sure to let us know how they work for you!!!
Old 02-10-2024, 11:29 AM

I have no desire to organize my fabric neatly. It is the "mess" that inspires me. Right now I have to tread carefully so I don't disrupt the pieces of quilts that are in progress and laying on the carpet. One quilt is sort of like spring flowers. When I looked at it, it doesn't look like a quilt...just looks like one flowery piece of fabric with no design. So, I'm trying out different solutions to that problem. It helps that I have all the extra space in a room that no one else goes in. So, being messy doesn't bother anyone. It's sort of like collecting cook books. I see them in the bookcase and take one out to look for an inspiring recipe...or just to enjoy reading them and occasionally make a recipe I haven't made before from them. Getting rid of a fabric is like getting rid of your dog...why get rid of it if you still love it?

I don't think that anyone needs to worry or feel guilty about having too much fabric. It is the pleasure in it that we enjoy.