Quilt Festival in Salem Oregon

Old 02-17-2024, 08:47 AM

Default Quilt Festival in Salem Oregon

Has any one gone to the Quilt Festival in Salem Oregon this year? I know it's the first time it's taking place at the fair grounds. So is there lots to see and get ideas for a next quilt?
Old 02-17-2024, 09:01 AM
Power Poster

I no longer live in Oregon, but I used to go to the quilt show at the Oregon Gardens. I think this is the same show, just moved to a new location. If so, it's definitely worth a visit. There were a lot of quilts at the Oregon Gardens show, but the space was cramped and the lighting was poor. (Sunlight streamed down from the high windows, creating shadows on the quilts.) They also had a featured quilter whose quilts were displayed and who gave free talks each year at Oregon Gardens.
Old 03-04-2024, 02:33 PM

I attended the show on Feb 15, 2024. Being new to the state, it was my 1st time. I found it to be well organized and easy to navigate. There were many categories for quilt makers to compete in, and the quilts were displayed nicely. Photographs were permitted. The vendor mall was surprisingly large. Parking was convenient ($3). I got to meet one of my favorite pattern designers (at her colorful booth), who I didn’t realize lives in Oregon. I bought my tickets ahead of time via the show’s website and check-in was quick & easy.
I’d definitely go back next year.