Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bernina 570 QE >

Bernina 570 QE

Bernina 570 QE

Old 03-24-2024, 04:19 PM

Default Bernina 570 QE

Does anyone have or tried out the Bernina 570 QE sewing machine? I am thinking this may be my top choice, but I have never had a Bernina sewing machine before. Any thoughts?
Old 03-24-2024, 05:30 PM

I love my Berninas! However, Berninas are not for everyone. If you decide to get the 570, be sure to take the new owner's classes. They are very helpful!
Old 03-25-2024, 04:04 AM

Have you tried it out? I bought the 440 QE 20 years ago (?) and a couple of years ago I bought the 590 and love both of them. Never had any tension issues, only took them in for regular maintenance. Love the big bobbin on the 500’s and other goodies. I was thinking about looking for a new machine when I saw the 440 with the BSR at a quilt show. Tried the BSR for a few minutes and bought it. My BFF is using the 440 because I think it’s better to be used than set a long time.
Old 03-25-2024, 06:05 AM
Power Poster

I have the 770 and love it. I replaced my 150 with it. That one was also a wonderful machine.
Old 03-25-2024, 06:06 AM

I had a Bernina 570 that....turned out to be a problem machine. I got it fairly early when it first came out. I had it into the shop several times and they could not fix the issue (jamming and bird's nesting in the bobbin area). The issue would just happen out of the blue as far as I could figure. I even left the fabric in the machine to show the tech and also took a lot of pictures that I shared with him. Well finally, I just had enough with the 570 and traded up to the 590 (yep, for some extra dollars). I have loved the 590, it does have a few extra features then the 570. Now, when I have read reviews, a lot of folks do like their 570. I read later with a software update for the machine, that there had been an error where the tension did not engage right at some point in time. This may have been the problem with my machine and if so, it would have been corrected in that software update. I have and have had several other Bernina's all of which I have like or loved. These include the 440, 630, red machine (215), the 475, and the 590. The lower numbered ones are easier to learn to use, the higher numbered ones are really great machines but also you need to really take the lessons that should be offered by the dealer and are not really take it out of the box and run with it machines. I do love my 475 and 590 more and more each time I use them and learn something more. You actually will never run out of things to learn with the higher end ones. Bernina does offer some free workbooks and video's on their website and also there are several Bernina dealers out there that also offer online info. Hope this helps. Oh, and if you are mainly wanting a piecing machine, I would seriously look at getting a 5mm stitch plate machine vs the 9mm one. I just fine it easier to piece on that one. I actually now have two of the 5mm ones the 215 and the 475 to mainly do piecing on and I have the 590 (9mm) which I am now going to use mainly for decorative stitching and embroidery and sit down quilting (larger neck). Good luck and have fun.
Old 03-25-2024, 06:53 PM

I got a Bernina 590 about 4 years ago. I waited until I knew they had all the bugs worked out of them. I LOVE all the bells and whistles! Especially the "hover" feature. The wider feed dogs take some getting used to. The only way to get a good 1/4" seam is to use a #1 or #34 (clear) foot and move the needle position to the right 3 or 4 bumps. That way both feed dogs are engaged with the fabric. As on most sewing machines, when you hold the thread tails when you start sewing, it helps the machine do it's best stitches from the beginning.

Before Christmas, I sewed 24 denim "pods" with 6 layers of fabric and batting, and with the zipper folded onto itself. It did the job beautifully! Now I have a job sewing from home, and am required to use industrial thread. I thought it might have problems with it, but it handles it perfectly.
Old 03-26-2024, 09:29 AM

[QUOTE=quiltedsunshine;8642693]I got a Bernina 590 about 4 years ago. I waited until I knew they had all the bugs worked out of them. I LOVE all the bells and whistles! Especially the "hover" feature. The wider feed dogs take some getting used to. The only way to get a good 1/4" seam is to use a #1 or #34 (clear) foot and move the needle position to the right 3 or 4 bumps. That way both feed dogs are engaged with the fabric.

Tee Hee....that is why I picked up the 475 when they had a good sale on it and it came with the roller cart... It has the narrower 5 mm feed dogs. So the 475 is my main piecing machine, it still has the knee lift and can also take a BSR which doesn't come with it. My 590 is used for the other stuff except quilting a large quilt as I also have an APQS lucey on a 12 foot frame, 26 inch neck.
Old 03-27-2024, 04:07 AM

I have used the same Bernina for 40 years with no repairs, only cleaning and oiling. Solid machine.
Old 03-28-2024, 05:11 AM

Smile

I have a Bernina as well...an older one... 380. I love it. I hope to upgrade at some point but can't justify it right now.

However, I have a dear, sweet sewing friend who always encourages her husband when he decides he needs a new truck to go ahead and get it because when the new Bernina comes out, that's what she is getting. LOL
Old 03-28-2024, 05:48 AM

I love my Bernina 880 for sewing and embroidery. A few years ago I bought a Janome to be able to have two projects going at once and the Janome can't compare to the Bernina. It's solid, can do anything and sews anything I put under the foot. The only errors I've had are those caused by my own stupidity.