Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
I am a man learning to quilt. >

I am a man learning to quilt.

I am a man learning to quilt.

Old 12-26-2007, 09:19 PM

Hello everyone. I am trying to find a place where as a man I will be welcomed as a beginner quilter. I took interest in quilting years ago when I saw my grandmother and grandfather working on a quilt together. I believe I was about 10 years old. Now that my grandfather has passed away and my grandmother is 87 and her eyesight is failing her, I wanted to learn quilting from her. She showed me a few basic things but now her eyesight is where she can't really show me how to quilt. She looks at my few samples I have done and comments on them and is pleased that I am trying to learn.

I would love to be able to talk to others about quilting since I can't find any quilting groups in my area that accept men.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:11 PM

Welcome Henry! :) Come on in and get acquainted, you have found the right group. We have a super friendly bunch of quilters, male and female here and you will fit right in. :)
Old 12-26-2007, 10:38 PM

Welcome Henry. I agree sith Shadow...this is a great forum. Post any questions that you have they are a great help. I am a beginner also working on my first quilt. Reading posts and asking questions has helped me a lot. Oh, and don't forget to post pictures. Kyia
Old 12-26-2007, 10:46 PM

Welcome Henry! We're so glad you joined! We love asking and answering questions, looking at other people's work and generally chatting with each other. We look forward to you joining in!
Old 12-27-2007, 05:45 AM

Welcome Henry, everyone is welcome here. Ask any question you want post pictures and join in the chat, we are glad to have you
Old 12-27-2007, 06:09 AM

Hello Henry,
Have fun here. Just as questions and you will get help. I ask questions but have few answers. lol

Judy in Ohio
Old 12-27-2007, 08:22 AM

Welcome Henry!I'm Karen and I'm from the Uk...I'm a beginner with an awful lot to learn...but it's a fun place to be!!

Karen
Old 12-27-2007, 08:33 AM

Henry,
You are more than welcome here and you won't even be the only man! We have two other brave men that come in and play with us too. You are in good company here. If you have questions there are enough of us with answers that are totally willing to help.
What are you working on at the moment?
Welcome,
Yvonne in Northern California
Old 12-27-2007, 08:37 AM

welcome Harry, we have no gender here only love for our fellow folks and quilting, you have truly landed, have fun with us and Happy quilting
Old 12-27-2007, 08:44 AM

henry, welcome to our little group. not only is this the friendliest forum that i have found, it is by far the easiest to use. easy to search, easy to post and if you need help there are always several ready to point you in the right direction and walk you thru. i think we can all assure you that we have each learned something from the others. from the newest quilters to the most experienced.
best of all, there are no quilt police here :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
welcome.