Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I think I need to move further south >

I think I need to move further south

I think I need to move further south

Old 02-23-2010, 07:39 AM

I am so sick of this cold weather and all this snow. Thank goodness for quilting! It makes for a nice reason to stay inside.

But here's the strange part about it ..... I live in SOUTH Louisiana where until this year we had never had snow more than once in the same winter and even that was rare. In December we had the earliest snowfall ever on record here which broke the previous record by a week and that record had only been from a year ago. Two weeks ago we had the second snow of the season so that is also a new record. And now the weather forecast has winter weather advisories for tonight and we are expecting the third snowfall of the winter.

What is going on? Global cooling? They are blaming it on El Nino. Okay, so our snow is not measured in feet like some of you have, but even an inch is enough to keep this crazy Cajun girl off the road.

Snow in south Louisiana
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17780[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-17780.jpe  
Old 02-23-2010, 07:48 AM

You can send it all to me!
Old 02-23-2010, 07:49 AM
Banned

LOL. It HAS been a crazy winter everywhere it seems! I'll take the cold any day over the heat though.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:52 AM

I really feel bad for you :XD: Here in southern Oregon we are having the mildest winter I can remember :thumbup: :thumbup:
In Jan it was warm and no freezing nights :lol:
This month it has even been better....60 - 65 during the day and bright blue skies :thumbup: :thumbup:
But this afternoon it is supposed to rain and there are winter weather advisories all around :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
But we need the rain and snow for our water for the summer, so I guess it is all good!
Old 02-23-2010, 07:55 AM

Crazy is not the word. Yesterday and today the fog is so thick we can't see the road at top of driveway. Last nite DH came home from school and said if he didn't know our road like the back of his hand, he would have had an accident the fog was so thick. We have about 10" of snow that has not melted yet. Started to see ground for the first time since Christmas under the pine trees. Were are expecting more snow this week.

Soon enough we will be complaining of the wet and the heat. Never satisfied are we? :roll:
Old 02-23-2010, 07:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by drivingsusan
I really feel bad for you :XD: Here in southern Oregon we are having the mildest winter I can remember :thumbup: :thumbup:
In Jan it was warm and no freezing nights :lol:
This month it has even been better....60 - 65 during the day and bright blue skies :thumbup: :thumbup:
But this afternoon it is supposed to rain and there are winter weather advisories all around :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
But we need the rain and snow for our water for the summer, so I guess it is all good!
Oh, Susan! Let's hope that great weather there holds ~ I JUST booked our summer vacation to go there in August!!!
Old 02-23-2010, 07:58 AM

we had more snow at fabric pile in one storm then we would get all season. Even puppies are not happy.
Spring will come, maybe we just will appreciate her more.
warm thoughts to all!!!
Old 02-23-2010, 08:00 AM

[quote=BKinCO]
Originally Posted by drivingsusan
Oh, Susan! Let's hope that great weather there holds ~ I JUST booked our summer vacation to go there in August!!!
You should have a WONDERFUL time here!! There is so much to see and do :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 02-23-2010, 08:04 AM

Wouldn't it be nice to live in a huge motorhome ; and be able to travel wherever the weather is nice.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by PurplePassion
Wouldn't it be nice to live in a huge motorhome ; and be able to travel wherever the weather is nice.
That is MY dream
:lol:
But it would have to be a HUGE motorhome!!!!