Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
I'm looking for a few quilting friends. >

I'm looking for a few quilting friends.

I'm looking for a few quilting friends.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:31 AM
bj

Hi and another Texas welcome. I split my time between Lubbock and Austin. Glad you joined us here.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:03 AM

I'm also new to this site; Welcome from sunny Arizona
Old 03-30-2010, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by belladawn
Hi there everyone! I am new to the whole on-line community phenomenon. I have a fairly big family but with the exception of one daughter, no one shares my interest in sewing and quilting. And that daughter has three young children and no spare time! Reminds me of myself a few years ago.
Now I've decided to be proactive and look for some new friends. I am an industrial sewer. I now sew truck bed covers for Extang in Ann Arbor, MI. In the past I've sewn everything from van and RV furniture, to airplane interiors, to mattresses, to boat covers. I have even sewn military vests in camouflage. All of my co-workers are very glad to leave the sewing at work and wouldn't dream of sewing at home. But I can't get enough. I took a vacation day at the beginning of the month and went to Wisconsin for a weekend sewing class at Nancy's Notions. It was great. We worked on quilting as you go, a couple of different methods. One was Betty Cotton's method. My favorite.
I hope to hear back from many of you, looking forward to group projects, sharing patterns and tips, etc.
Welcome ... I so want to learn the quilt as you go ...

I noticed you stated that the Betty Cotton method was your favorite, may I ask why? Which method would you recommend for a beginner?

Thanks ...
Old 03-30-2010, 07:18 AM

What in the world is the Betty Cotton method, for those of us with inquiring minds we would like to know.

Rita
Old 03-30-2010, 08:16 AM
PJO

Welcome from Kansas. This board is the nicest place to be, and these are the most helpful people. You will love it here. They're like having a second family that really cares about you.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:50 PM

Welcome from South Dakota. Everyone is so helpful on this board. I was also a commercial sewer only we did coats and vests. Made lots fo LLbean & Cabelas and other companies.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:59 PM

I need a friend like you. tee hee My Hubby has been asking me to make seat covers for EVER!! (actually, he's more of a seat skin type person) and I keep telling him that quilting and upholstry aren't the same, but he won't listen. tee hee eh, maybe one of these days I'll give it a try... anyway, glad you joined us, you'll love it here. Welcome!
Old 03-30-2010, 02:28 PM

Hi and a warm welcome from Ireland - even though it is windy, wet, sleety and snowy here! You're going to love this site.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:18 PM

I also would like to join in. I am from the Dallas ,Tex area,moved to east Tx,then due to age etc, had to relocate in Ok. to be near my son. I have been quilting for many years and still am in love with it. It is an addiction that is never cured. lol Jolo
Old 03-30-2010, 03:49 PM

I only joined an hour or so ago and can't believe how many of us have joined since! This is a very friendly and active site. Hope you enjoy as much as I do!