Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Black/White/Brights Block Swap-Sign ups Closed >

Black/White/Brights Block Swap-Sign ups Closed

Black/White/Brights Block Swap-Sign ups Closed

Old 06-08-2010, 12:26 PM

I have found a block called Antique Tile, I think that this could go together in several different ways....not sure how to commit on just one color of brights yet (I'll check my stash)...and if they go together as well as I hope, I may send in more than one set! I found the pattern on Quilter's Cache.
Aloha,
Andy

***I see that this pattern has been spoken for, so will go in search of a new pattern, unless she is only doing one set. I have a PM in to the lady who had chosen the block first, and do not want to step on her toes....although the block could be done up several different ways, depending on fabric placement! This is gonna be such a beautiful quilt!
Old 06-08-2010, 08:28 PM

That's a cool block (Antique Tile). I did it for the R/W/B swap that just finished. It's amazing how different a block can look with different colors!
Old 06-08-2010, 09:32 PM

ooo I like this one too! I have found a block called Antique Tile, I think that this could go together in several different ways....not sure how to commit on just one color of brights yet (I'll check my stash)...and if they go together as well as I hope, I may send in more than one set! I found the pattern on Quilter's Cache.
Aloha,
Andy

***I see that this pattern has been spoken for, so will go in search of a new pattern, unless she is only doing one set. I have a PM in to the lady who had chosen the block first, and do not want to step on her toes....although the block could be done up several different ways, depending on fabric placement! This is gonna be such a beautiful quilt![/quote]
Old 06-09-2010, 11:16 AM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by Andy323
I have found a block called Antique Tile, I think that this could go together in several different ways....not sure how to commit on just one color of brights yet (I'll check my stash)...and if they go together as well as I hope, I may send in more than one set! I found the pattern on Quilter's Cache.
Aloha,
Andy

***I see that this pattern has been spoken for, so will go in search of a new pattern, unless she is only doing one set. I have a PM in to the lady who had chosen the block first, and do not want to step on her toes....although the block could be done up several different ways, depending on fabric placement! This is gonna be such a beautiful quilt!
Andy, I don't think it is a problem to have more than one of the same block. Like you said, they all look so different with different color placement. I think it adds to the symmetry and balance. Maybe you should check with the hostess of this swap before changing your block. :-)
Old 06-09-2010, 11:54 AM

Looking forward to seeing another Antique Tile block. Yours will be different and I hope I get one. Betty
Old 06-09-2010, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Alisapao730
ooo I like this one too! I have found a block called Antique Tile, I think that this could go together in several different ways....not sure how to commit on just one color of brights yet (I'll check my stash)...and if they go together as well as I hope, I may send in more than one set! I found the pattern on Quilter's Cache.
Aloha,
Andy

[/quote]

It's fine if you do a duplicate. There are enough of us that no one will have to get more than one of the same block.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:56 PM

I like the pictures that have been posted so far. I didn't think I would like this swap, but once I saw the pictures, I am rethinking it. I would need to go buy more fabric because I have never made a quilt with black/white fabric before. I guess there is a first time for everything. I will go buy fabric before I sign up.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:49 PM

As a reminder, if anyone else wants to join this swap, please PM Dagny, as I am substituting for Norbanaquilts as host. Thanks.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:02 AM

I didn't write this quote,but it came up with my SN. Funny! Does anyone know the correct author?
Originally Posted by I am doing the block, "Fair and Square" in B/W and Yellow. Alisapao730
Aloha,
Andy

[/quote]
Old 06-10-2010, 06:20 AM

Alisapao, I think the way the statement was quoted is how it got attributed to you later. I believe that Andy323 actually made part of the statement and you made part of it, but when you quoted her statement the quote marks were removed somehow and it looks like a statement you actually made. That's the way I see it from looking back a few messages.