Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0  Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Old 06-04-2010, 04:02 AM

craftsbyrobin---Love that block you got...So AWESOME!!!

Karen & Neoma---I did mail your blocks but they came back yesterday because I didn't have enough postage. I added more to it and have it in the mail for today...I don't get it because I bring the envelope to work and weigh them to make sure I have enough postage on the envelopes. Sorry, but their on their way now.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by MISHNJIM
craftsbyrobin---Love that block you got...So AWESOME!!!

Karen & Neoma---I did mail your blocks but they came back yesterday because I didn't have enough postage. I added more to it and have it in the mail for today...I don't get it because I bring the envelope to work and weigh them to make sure I have enough postage on the envelopes. Sorry, but their on their way now.
Sometime it's the thickness of the envelope that costs more not the weight. They have a small board with a slot and if the envelope doesn't slide right through it costs more. I think the slot is 1/4" and with the blocks folded it could be too thick.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:14 AM

Too Funny! Everyday for a week, my DH had to eat a sandwich or pizza for dinner. I felt guilty so I went out and got a crockpot. Now I just throw everything in it and let it cook the entire day so that way I don't have to stop sewing just to cook. :) At least DH is getting a hot meal. ;)

Originally Posted by dettonlisas
I got a Great Star block from mishnjim yesterday. I LOVE the Yellow fabric you picked for it!!

Lisa and I have been busy... we are "Cooking for a Month"!! It is LOTS of work, but SOOOO worth it in the end!! This is what quilters have to do in order to remember to feed their families!! We both tend to get caught up in our sewing rooms and forget about dinner!! Today is DAY 2.... kitchen here I come!!
Old 06-04-2010, 09:36 AM

My post Office charges me an extra 20 cents in there is a metal clasp on the back of the envelope. Even if I have covered it completely with tape they still charge me. I have been tearing the metal clasps off my envelopes to save me 20 cents.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:56 AM

The Post office also charges an extra $0.20 if you write "hand stamp" on the envelope. And the clerk at my post office said they still run it through the machine if it will fit - even if you write "hand stamp" or "non machine-able"!
I got an envelope this week that had "hand stamp" written on it and it had been run through the machine...
Lisa
Originally Posted by craftymainemom
My post Office charges me an extra 20 cents in there is a metal clasp on the back of the envelope. Even if I have covered it completely with tape they still charge me. I have been tearing the metal clasps off my envelopes to save me 20 cents.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:02 AM

Today brought beautiful blocks from Suedonnie and Janecat .. thank you ladies :D
Old 06-04-2010, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by dettonlisas
The Post office also charges an extra $0.20 if you write "hand stamp" on the envelope. And the clerk at my post office said they still run it through the machine if it will fit - even if you write "hand stamp" or "non machine-able"!
I got an envelope this week that had "hand stamp" written on it and it had been run through the machine...
Lisa
Originally Posted by craftymainemom
Well the guy at my PO said it was an extra .75 to hand stamp and he told me they still send them through anyway, what a rip-off!!
Old 06-04-2010, 10:53 AM

Yeah i wondered because when I wrote on them non-machineable the price was higher. but then one of them still got chewed up so yeah they charged me and then still ran it through!
Old 06-04-2010, 11:30 AM

Okay I got 2 blocks today but one is not mine. I did figure out who the owner is so I will forward on Monday to Purplemem and it is from suedonnie. I'm glad I figured it out since I didn't want to completely open it and post a picture of it.
My other block which is mine and very lovely I might add is from kysmommy2. Will post picture on Monday, as I'm hoping for more blocks tomorrow.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:56 AM

I can't believe that they charge you more and still put it through the machine....OMG!!! That is so dumb. Anything to get more $$ I guess.