Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-01-2011, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by sew wishful
Originally Posted by quilt addict
I feel REEEEAAAAALLLY Guilty....but I did it anyway. I waited for my change.

Doing the happy dance......

Are you kidding me??? What luck! You'd better have a big house, cuz I'm coming to stay until I find a deal or two like this!! You lucky, lucky girl!!! I love the White cabinet! Beautiful!
You are welcome to come stay if you don't mind sharing a room with some machines....

All are welcome.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by melinda1962
Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by melinda1962
Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by deplaylady
Is it wrong to want a machine just because it's pink?

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions...33480.html#des
Is there a WRONG reason to buy a machine? :lol: I think she's pretty!
I have two pink Japanese clones, an Atlas that is a baby pink, and a Monarch that is more a salmon color, but both have their original matching pink foot controls. Both drop the feed dogs and sew like a dream. Fast and straight.
Melinda I have its sister in the sale section right now, Its a Brother "Windomatic" with all of its accessories and case with the original tins and boxes. It was badged for the Atlas Company in Florida and sews like a dream!

Billy
My Atlas has a different profile, for lack of a better word. But I still like it. S119462 is the serial number on mine.
Yours is a first generation Brother Windowmatic and is the sought after one. Yours is probably around 1957 or so but I would have to do more digging on it to see. I love the machine and really hate to sell the one I got but its in the way!

Billy
Old 07-01-2011, 07:46 AM

Japanese made class 15. My mother had one, and did a lot of heavy-duty sewing on it.

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Puzzled.

What do you think this is? They have it listed as a 1954 Montgomery Ward sewing machine. Nothing I found on a google search indicated it was. Anyone know?
Old 07-01-2011, 07:48 AM

Is it my imagination or what? I just looked at CL in the Seattle areas, and some in southern Oregon. People are asking $500 - $2500 for machines that are old, true, but not worth what they are asking. And, they haven't even been cleaned up. Wonder how many are selling. :shock:
Old 07-01-2011, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by deplaylady
Originally Posted by jljack
So M'friends....what's your opinion on this one? Should I pick it up for $50?
Charlee, I love those Martha Washington cabinets...I learned to sew on a Singer in one of those cabinets. I don't remember the machine, and neither does my mom. But I remember that cabinet....we kids used to hide stuff from each other in those deep side compartments!! Sweet memories!! :-) If you don't want that cabinet I'll take it!!
I have my 99K13 sitting on top of a cherry Martha Washington sewing cabinet - I didn't know they made them to hold sewing machines. Mine is all drawers - I'd love a cabinet for a sewing machine like that! (And I do stuff lots of stuff from my dining room in those deep side pockets!)
Your cabinet is gorgeous. So is your drapery. I love lacey drapes.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:56 AM

Is it my imagination or what? I just looked at CL in the Seattle areas, and some in southern Oregon. People are asking $500 - $2500 for machines that are old, true, but not worth what they are asking. And, they haven't even been cleaned up. Wonder how many are selling. :shock:
I'm figuring this Craigs list thing out...people figure out what is desirable, and then post a photo with an outrageous price on it...when you respond to their ad, BINGO! They have your email addy for all that lovely spam they like to send!
Old 07-01-2011, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by lee231
This was on CL in the free stuff. Serial # TX 235577 is under the front shuttle plate. The name on the arm is 'Our Special'. Was missing the power cord, controller is knee type behind the front door. Still had the shuttle and one bobbin in it. The bobbin is about 1/4 inch longer that a singer. The power plugs in under the back of the cabinet and is recessed into the bottom side. It seems to be about 1/2 to 3/4 size of my 66. Started cleaning it today, you can peal the scrum(I think smoke residue) off with your fingernail.
Very pretty decals. Billy's tute will clean her right up !!

Texas Jan
Old 07-01-2011, 08:04 AM

I'm figuring this Craigs list thing out...people figure out what is desirable, and then post a photo with an outrageous price on it...when you respond to their ad, BINGO! They have your email addy for all that lovely spam they like to send!
:-D :-D There could be some truth to what you say. The reason I am laughing is cuz, I ain't writing to those who way out of price range for me and/or their machine.

There was a machine that I did email to the other day that had a gorgeous cabinet with a Singer 301A. Never heard back from them and then the ad was gone. I didn't think about the spam thingie but I did suspect that that machine was not listed to sell. Weird.

Most, 90%, of my machines come from CL, our van, etc. We bought and sold all of our cows through CL... now we are cowless though. LOL It's kinda the old saying 'a few rotten apples can spoil the others. But, I think you might be right. Lately, many emails have never had a reply, not even to say it is sold. And my spam folder has had more entries in it. So glad I have a great spam catcher. :-D
Old 07-01-2011, 08:06 AM

So M'friends....what's your opinion on this one? Should I pick it up for $50?
I sure would. I love the cabinet too.

Texas Jan
Old 07-01-2011, 08:32 AM

Yeah, I don't call these "Ads", I call them "Fishing Expeditions"...especially with those prices! EGADS!!! There is a really beat up treadle in a cabinet with the veneer literally stripping off, and they are asking $450!!!