Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-12-2010, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by jenna p in ga
Look at this.. http://macon.craigslist.org/fuo/1895202998.html

Is this a recently made, but looks old, machine? There is no model num or anything listed.
If you look closely at the box, it appears there is a bar code to be scanned when purchased. I'll bet this is not an antique, but a replica. Did Singer do that?

Added - Sorry. I should have read to the end of the thread before responding. I see your question has been answered by someone who knows. Thank heaven for those who know! Otherwise, I find myself stumbling in the dark. :lol:
Old 08-13-2010, 01:51 AM

Oh my gosh when the only photo of the machine is from the back it irritates me to no end.... I need some expert opinions please. This is on CL in my hood well 2 hours. The pictures have alot of glare but this looks like a wheeler and wilson 9 to me..what do you think? They were not ever motorized were they? If not how difficult is it to undo? One more thing...is 50 bucks worth it? I would like actually sew on it...not just dust it. Any input would be appreciated..pics below. I am not sure what it is. I am in super excited mode anyway because garage sales are starting in less than two hours! My DH teases me because I can spot a machine or cabinet from so far away...and not see the kayak I have to walk by to get to it!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-96346.jpe   attachment-96347.jpe  
Old 08-13-2010, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
If you look closely at the box, it appears there is a bar code to be scanned when purchased. I'll bet this is not an antique, but a replica. Did Singer do that?

Added - Sorry. I should have read to the end of the thread before responding. I see your question has been answered by someone who knows. Thank heaven for those who know! Otherwise, I find myself stumbling in the dark. :lol:
LOL, I know the feeling...ouch my knee.

When I looked at the add, I thought the price sticker was a bit strange, looks like a WM sticker, and really did not register about the UPC. I thought it was "too good to be true" so I asked. I did not even know there were reproductions made...learnign something new everyday!!!

I actaully did some sewing on my treadle today. Had some stitch skipping issues, but think I fixed that. It is HARD to do a 1/4" on that thing...gonna have to get a seam guide or something.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Nice to hear about everyone's new machines. I'm on a machine diet myself, but am cleaning out my basement, so keep finding ones I'd forgotten I have or just haven't seen for a while. It's like Christmas without the wrapping paper.
I should be on a diet but going to hit a couple places today up north. One is a special secret one that I am getting to surprise Billy! I was so excited it had not been sold yet. We will see if it looks as good in person as the photos. That way I may be able to lure him on a trip out west. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 08-13-2010, 06:22 AM

Look at this cutie!
http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=6605373
if it wouldn't cost so much to ship I would bid on this one!
Old 08-13-2010, 06:48 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mlaceruby
Look at this cutie!
Oh did you have to show me that. Drool......it is oh so nice green. I am a sucker for green machines.

I wonder is that bar a knee lifter? Does anyone know?

Well some one is bidding on it.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:50 AM

I'm not positive but that's what I thought is was.
If you do a search for sewing machines they have 3 pages of them and 3 featherweights!
Old 08-13-2010, 06:53 AM
Power Poster

I tried and it showed just the green one and a singer. Wondering what I am doing wrong. Wouldn't mind that foam green Singer in blond cabinet if I ever found one. LOL OK I got it figured out but still like that green one best.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:58 AM

are you limiting to your area?
I did a search of the whole auction site
not just the local items
Old 08-13-2010, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by mlaceruby
Look at this cutie!
There's a blue wizard machine on the first page of that web site. I'm like you wonder what the shipping would be?