Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-14-2010, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
Lisa-

Oh wow I saw that Singer stuck in the case listed. I am glad you got it and I am excited to see what was in the case. What a fun story! Did you pick up the two Feather Weights too?
Anna - Two feather weights? I did not see that listing. But they are ususally not within my budget. Although I did go over my price limit for Billy's surprise.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:26 AM

wvdek,

I agree totally with Honchey: "
How did you pay for it?? Paypal? Have you documented the damage so you can show him what condition it's in so that after you pack it he cannot claim any damages in return? He has to return all the monies you are out. period! I would notify ebay. if you in fact paid by Paypal--Ebay will notify paypal to pay you back. What is the listing # for this I want to check out his listing. I've had to do this twice in the last 4 mos."

Do report it to eBay-be sure to tell them his demand for a good review before refunding the money-this is not ethical-

Also report it to PayPay-tell them the same thing...

First you get your money back then he gets the review-and I certainly wouldn't give him much more than a "satisfied" only after you are reimbursed.

Darcene
Old 08-14-2010, 06:26 AM

OOPs---
Old 08-14-2010, 06:29 AM

Has anyone come across conflicting singer serial numbers? Was looking at this FW on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Singer-Featherwe...efaultDomain_0

When I went the singer serial number, it doesn't match the type of machine? It shows it should be a 328K. But the machine is a 221K. So what gives? Am I looking at the chart wrong?
Old 08-14-2010, 06:39 AM

Ebay rules say a seller is not allowed to force positive feedback!
this is feedback extortion! report to ebay and he will never be allowed to sell again!
How can you leave positive feedback if you don't have your money??
file a claim with paypal not ebay
item not as described and give them the pictures and the tracking info for your return
when the item is delivered your money will be returned to you from paypal! it will be out of his hands
Do this before you ship back to him!
even if he is being fair this is just good common sense!
Old 08-14-2010, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by mlaceruby
this is feedback extortion! report to ebay and he will never be allowed to sell again!
item not as described and give them the pictures and the tracking info for your return
when the item is delivered your money will be returned to you from paypal! it will be out of his hands
Personally I am getting where I hate Ebay. Seems like they only stick up for the big sellers. The little guys are always getting the shaft. Recently my DH bought a part for his truck. The seller sent an automatic response email. It said, I will only give you positive feedback back, once you have given me positive feedback. I wrote the seller and pointed out that I paid for my purchase as soon as the auction was over. My end of the deal was fulfilled and in a very timely manner. So therefore, his posting positive feedback should of occured at that time. Regardless of how my handling of his feedback.

The seller responded and said that the email was generated by Ebay and he had already posted positive feedback. So IMHO ebay is encouraging sellers to hold feedback hostage. Ebay is looking at who makes them the most money. It is not the occasional buyer. Needless to say, my ebay purchases are not what they use to be.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:52 AM
Power Poster

wvdek, so sorry you're having that problem, but at least the seller is working with you. Both paypal and ebay prefer (and require) that buyers/sellers try to resolve their differences before going through official channels, and that is what you are doing. It makes total sense that the seller would require you to send the machine back to him before he returns your money, and you have a paper/email trail of his promises to do so. (So if he reneges, you can take that information to paypal and ebay and get reimbursed.) The only issue seems to be feedback. In my opinion, positive feedback is not warranted, but negative feedback is not fair since the seller is making good. In this case I think that I would make an agreement with the seller that neither of you will provide feedback. The alternative would be to tell him up front that you will provide positive feedback but in the comments will state that the seller reimbursed a sale in which the sewing machine was damaged due to poor packing. Maybe give him his choice whether he would rather have that feedback or no feedback. The seller probably learned a lot from this whole experience, so the problem is not likely to occur again.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by mlaceruby
All of the above comments are right, BUT she has to get the return shipping money from him. Pay pal will only return what she has paid thru paypal This item was insured -he has the receipt so he has to follow up on that. She has to contact him to have him mail her a prepaid shipping label. How that's done I don't know. On both my damaged machines I told the sellers how to pack but they don't really care. :thumbdown:
Old 08-14-2010, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by KiwiQuilter
The short story is... I'd like to know what feet will work with my Singer 66. Is there a resource on-line where that information is listed?

Can I assume that all low shank feet will work?

I've spotted a buttonhole attachment - but didn't think it would work - because I had read somewhere that a Singer 66 couldn't do a zig zag... (hence the buttonhole stitch).

Appreciate any help you can offer :)
Your Singer 66 is a low shank straight stitch machine. The feet used on it depends on the sub-model. 66-1 was a back clamping machine, and will only take back clamping feet. The rest will take any low shank Singer SS feet, often found in those green cardboard boxes with Singer on the top.

There's quite a bit of information here:

http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_...cessories.html

Some pictures of back clampers here:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedi...ne-attachments

I'm sure there are better links out there, but these are some quick ones to get you started.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:08 AM
Power Poster

***********It said, I will only give you positive feedback back, once you have given me positive feedback. I wrote the seller and pointed out that I paid for my purchase as soon as the auction was over. *************

I noticed this too and was not able to give the feed back I wanted because I did not want negative feedback as a retrobution. As a family we have cut down on ebay significantly and now look at craiglist.