Hot Hot Hot

Old 05-23-2010, 09:11 PM

Summer has decided to hit us with an unfathomable punch of heat. Yesterday was in the low 80's and today it was 88 degrees but with humidity (I hate that about Chicago) it felt like 92 degrees and higher. My cousin put in the air conditioner at about 2 pm today and it is just now starting to cool down in the apartment... it is now 12 am. My tummy is bothering me and I think it has to do with the temp of the apartment all day. Ah well! I'm thinking of going to bed soon and waking up when my mom does so that I can walk to the mail box and drop off some packages, and then drop off some books to the library that will be due... then I'll travel back home to bask in the air conditioning...

It was so warm in the house that the computer kept over heating... so I'm lucky to be able to post this tonight!
Old 05-23-2010, 09:21 PM
Power Poster

It was like that in WI too, but my dh still spent 6 hours outside digging holes and planting three trees. Don't know how he does it! Especially since he hates heat and humidity; he likes it cold.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:26 PM

haha, I like it between 40-75 degrees!

I have to move all my sewing into the living room tomorrow, so that I can get pot holders done... OR I can at least do cutting tomorrow... then maybe do sewing on tuesday, since by then I'll be able to leave the kitchen door open... the kitchen is a huge mess, cause all my sisters stuff is in there since we were putting carpet down in her room...
Old 05-24-2010, 02:59 AM
Power Poster

LOL, I think Summers here! I'm in Wi too, and it went right from chilly nights to 90 plus degrees! At least the tomato plants are gonna love the weather, got to finish my garden today in the heat.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:25 AM

It is winter in australia - I am freezing cold!
Old 05-24-2010, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by Alu_Rathbone
Summer has decided to hit us with an unfathomable punch of heat. Yesterday was in the low 80's and today it was 88 degrees but with humidity (I hate that about Chicago) it felt like 92 degrees and higher.
Guess you're in the Chicago area but your location on the left says "E.P."
:?:
Old 05-24-2010, 07:57 AM

Enjoy the heat. Here in Utah we're getting snow!
Old 05-24-2010, 08:01 AM

SNOW!!! I didn't think any part of the US would be getting any more snow since it's almost June. Is that normal for your area of the country?

Alu, I hope you get some pot holders done. Be sure to show us pictures. :)
Old 05-24-2010, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Alu_Rathbone
Summer has decided to hit us with an unfathomable punch of heat. Yesterday was in the low 80's and today it was 88 degrees but with humidity (I hate that about Chicago) it felt like 92 degrees and higher. My cousin put in the air conditioner at about 2 pm today and it is just now starting to cool down in the apartment... it is now 12 am. My tummy is bothering me and I think it has to do with the temp of the apartment all day. Ah well! I'm thinking of going to bed soon and waking up when my mom does so that I can walk to the mail box and drop off some packages, and then drop off some books to the library that will be due... then I'll travel back home to bask in the air conditioning...

It was so warm in the house that the computer kept over heating... so I'm lucky to be able to post this tonight!
My air conditioner just died, so I am without this coming Summer season. Looking at swamp coolers, high power floor fans etc to keep my home cool when it gets hot starting next month.
Suggestion on the computer overheating, try this: remove the cover and put a small fan aimed at the mother board - the internal fans are not enough to cool down the unit when it is hot in the room. Had this problem in Calif, used the fan and it kept the computer cool and working properly - no more memory popping out due to the heat.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:04 AM

Yeah, that humidity is a bear! We like it hot and dry! DH & I are headed to Vegas then Death Valley in a couple weeks. I can hardly wait!... Road Trip!!!!!!!!!