Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge.......with a prize June sign up >

weight loss challenge.......with a prize June sign up

weight loss challenge.......with a prize June sign up

Old 06-30-2010, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
Good for you Tanya. I am so happy for you. I think you should be an encourager on this thread. Hope the ER visit has resolved itself.

Missy: What are you sorry for? You are doing something I am very challenged to do...follow my doctor's advice. I hate the nutritionist in her skinny little scrubs, single, no kids. Sure she can eat healthy, she doesn't have a budget, a family to cook for, or anything better than toasted wheatgerm to snack on. Me? I have exactly $20 per day to feed all 8 of us - most of whom are adult or nearly adult. My boys aren't heavy, they are all tall and skinny, but you wouldn't think so looking at what they eat. They can have cookies and donuts...and they do. My favorite cooking is shortbread. Nothing but butter and flour with a little salt and sugar. Pie crust stuff. and I believe I would eat cow pies if you put them in a grahm cracker crust.

You are refraining from temptation and doing everything the doctor told you too. I'm proud to be your friend and I am not sorry you are losing weight the way your doctor wants you too.
Thank you Gwyn. You made my day. Sometimes I get so worried about things. I know it is just the schizophrenia but sheesh it is a pain.

I go on Monday for my monthly visit with the skinny nutritionist. I am taking her some elk so she can try it and see how lean it is.

I just found out today that my friend Kim is going to be seeing her on Monday too. She is popular around here! LOL!!

I am glad this month is over and I am only about 3 months or so away from surgery.

I am so glad you are my friend and I hope I can be as good a friend to you as you have been to me. :)

You should have mail tomorrow. :D

Missy
Old 06-30-2010, 05:50 PM

Well, my appointment with the nutritionalist was Tuesday, the 29th.
Drats, it was an afternoon appointment...we always weigh less in the early morning.

So, got weighed in again...268.0.
I missed my own mark. I had been hoping to be down under 265 by the end of this month, and was shooting for the moon when I thought to myself that if I worked hard enough, I could see the number dip into the 250's.

Just was not going to happen this month.

Ready for a long term goal?
Before the year 2010 is over, I want the number to be in the 100's, not even 200.0.

That's 67 pounds in 6 months.
Dear son in law came to take me out of my cage for one special evening...took me out...and headed straight for a cheap all you can eat restaurant. Only $5.oo per person. So guess what I had?

A salad, and for desert, fresh blueberries with fat free dream whip, and a glass of plain water.

My family just doesn't get it.
But my worst enemy is my own mind...remembering with every tv commercial, how wonderful those things tasted. So, I am not watching tv for now. I am on facebook, and playing farmville.

May sound stupid, but I am still to weak in my hands and arms to do much sewing...so gaming will at least keep my hands from putting food in my mouth.

Watch out for me in July...cause it will really count.
I don't want to miss that sign up list.

Hugs and I hope you are all BIG LOSERS in the weight loss way.
We all deserve to feel better about ourselves.

{{{{{insert your own name here}}}}} a hug from Grandma12
Old 06-30-2010, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
I believe I would eat cow pies if you put them in a grahm cracker crust.
Cow pie :shock: :shock: I think I would need whipped cream with mine!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not in a grahm cracker crust!
Old 06-30-2010, 06:32 PM

I believe I would eat cow pies if you put them in a grahm cracker crust.
Cow pie :shock: :shock: I think I would need whipped cream with mine!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not in a grahm cracker crust!
You guys are hilarious!!!

Missy
Old 06-30-2010, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Grandma12
Drats, it was an afternoon appointment...we always weigh less in the early morning.

I missed my own mark. I had been hoping to be down under 265 by the end of this month, and was shooting for the moon when I thought to myself that if I worked hard enough, I could see the number dip into the 250's.

Before the year 2010 is over, I want the number to be in the 100's, not even 200.0.

Dear son in law came to take me out of my cage for one special evening...took me out...and headed straight for a cheap all you can eat restaurant. Only $5.oo per person. So guess what I had?

A salad, and for desert, fresh blueberries with fat free dream whip, and a glass of plain water.

But my worst enemy is my own mind...remembering with every tv commercial, how wonderful those things tasted. So, I am not watching tv for now. I am on facebook, and playing farmville.

May sound stupid, but I am still to weak in my hands and arms to do much sewing...so gaming will at least keep my hands from putting food in my mouth.

Grandma12 you sound so grounded. I know that going to a nutritionist helps alot. At least it helps me. I know you are going to do great and at the end of the year you will be in the 100s. I want to be in the 300s by that time.

I have done the same thing with those buffets. I do not like watching tv either cause everything on there is crap and is loaded with fat and calories. UGH. The double down KFC grilled chicken breadless sandwich has more than 600 calories and more than 100 grams of fat. Ridiculous.

Missy
Old 06-30-2010, 07:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by Grandma12

Grandma12 you sound so grounded. I know that going to a nutritionist helps alot. At least it helps me. I know you are going to do great and at the end of the year you will be in the 100s. I want to be in the 300s by that time.

I have done the same thing with those buffets. I do not like watching tv either cause everything on there is crap and is loaded with fat and calories. UGH. The double down KFC grilled chicken breadless sandwich has more than 600 calories and more than 100 grams of fat. Ridiculous.

Missy
OHHHHHH you want chicken?????????? I was talking to Gwyn the other day and I was going to make chicken for dinner and leave the skin on so it would be all nice and crunchy. Gwyn said to oven bake it. thanks Gwyn She told me what to do but I changed it up and it was YUUUUMMMMOOOOO.

Here is my recipe. Serves 4
( 1 protein serving is 4oz)

1 lb boneless chicken breast
1/3 c wheat germ
1 tsp each of the following
garlic powder
onion powder
parsely
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 c plain yogurt.

pre heat oven to as hot as it will get about 450. Mix wheat germ and spices. dip chicken in yogurt and then in the wheat germ spice mix. put chicken on cooking sprayed pan. bake for about 20-30 minutes depending how thick the chicken breasts are. then put under broiler for about 3 minutes to REALLY crisp it up. tomorrow I am having leftovers in salad.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:17 PM

OHHHHHH you want chicken?????????? I was talking to Gwyn the other day and I was going to make chicken for dinner and leave the skin on so it would be all nice and crunchy. Gwyn said to oven bake it. thanks Gwyn She told me what to do but I changed it up and it was YUUUUMMMMOOOOO.

Here is my recipe. Serves 4
( 1 protein serving is 4oz)

1 lb boneless chicken breast
1/3 c wheat germ
1 tsp each of the following
garlic powder
onion powder
parsely
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 c plain yogurt.

pre heat oven to as hot as it will get about 450. Mix wheat germ and spices. dip chicken in yogurt and then in the wheat germ spice mix. put chicken on cooking sprayed pan. bake for about 20-30 minutes depending how thick the chicken breasts are. then put under broiler for about 3 minutes to REALLY crisp it up. tomorrow I am having leftovers in salad.
Holy Guacamole Batman!! That sounds awesome!

Missy
Old 06-30-2010, 07:28 PM

I promise this chicken will have a crisp outside, but it won't have the fat. Another way is to use buttermilk instead of the yogurt. I also like to use terrioky (I know I can't spell) marinate or meat rubs. I put the chicken into a ziploc bag with the marinate in it. I suck all the air out of the bag and toss it in the freeze. This way you don't need the oil in most marinates, it just infuses the chicken with taste. Another favorite is catutori chicken. It is chicken cooked in a spaghetti type sauce. I use french cut string beans in place of the spaghetti noodles.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:41 PM
Banned

OK so it is 11:40pm I have been good all day. No extra snacks, weighed and measured everthing I put in my mouth and now after reading this I am STARVING!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will go have fruit with yogurt but I wish I could have my leftover chicken but that is too many calories compared to the fruit and yogurt. I will have a large cup of tea with it that should fill this fat belly of mine until the morning.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:19 PM

Good for you. I wish I had some fruit and yogurt to have. Grocery shopping is tomorrow. If I don't feel full pretty soon I am going to make a tuna sandwich with the low carb flat bread and no mayo