Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Nine Patch Project >

Nine Patch Project

Nine Patch Project

Old 06-29-2010, 05:37 PM

Beautiful quilt, so colorful.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:34 PM

I have 31 done, running out of the Christmas fabrics I am using, will need to purchase maybe 2 FQ, the rest came from my stash of FQ's and scraps. Waiting for my laptop to be repaired before posting pictures.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:17 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

You had some good stuff in your stash! I really like the fabrics you used. :thumbup:
Old 06-29-2010, 09:04 PM

How many do I have to do to get caught up? 15 or 16? I have finally got all my swaps that was due out this month caught up, now I get can get busy on this one!!
Old 06-29-2010, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by StitchinJoy
Originally Posted by cag1949
Originally Posted by StitchinJoy
Nine patch blocks make nice borders too.
Stichin Joy, Love your Avatar!
Thank you, CAG, that's very kind of you!

It's Bonnie Hunter's Patches n Pinwheels pattern. She got me started making 4patches using leaders and enders and I wound up with more than 300 4patches. This was a great way to use those up! Her website has the pattern and dozens of other scrappy quilt patterns for FREE>> http://quiltville.com/16pinwheels.shtml

I got a bit carried away, and put 2 extra borders on mine, so it has a raspberry colored inner border, a border of scrappy 4-patches, and an outer border of black with confetti all over it. There are over 200 different fabrics in the quilt and it's almost 100 inches square.

I make lots of quilts for Project Linus and so I have loads of novelty fabrics. We needed a new quilt for our bed and I decided to make a quilt for me the way I always try to make them for kids--by thinking about things I like, and putting those fabrics in the quilt.

Well! This quilt has flowers and stars and lots of dots. It has loads of blueberries, cherries, apples, watermelon, and chocolate. It has people I love real and imagined including President Lincoln, Harry Potter and Linus.

It was loads of fun to make, and I smile every time I look at it. It even makes it fun to make the bed, if you can believe it!
You are quite welcome and it is a fantastic quilt. Thanks so much for the download! I just need to get started on my nine patch, I am really, really going to have to play catch up!!
Carol
Old 06-30-2010, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by Karen
How many do I have to do to get caught up? 15 or 16? I have finally got all my swaps that was due out this month caught up, now I get can get busy on this one!!
Today you would have to have #16 made ... if you were doing one/day.

However ... I caught up in one day on the weekend ... and then did the rest for the week in one night ...

You can always make 2 to 3 a day until you get caught up ... :D
Old 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM

I am going to have to play catch up also. Life has gotten in the way here. :roll: I have to work tonight and tomorrow night so I will be catching back up on Saturday I guess.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Swan Song
I am going to have to play catch up also. Life has gotten in the way here. :roll: I have to work tonight and tomorrow night so I will be catching back up on Saturday I guess.
Life-what's that??!! Between my mom and my neighbor lady that I help take care of (and then there is D(???)H who thinks he needs waited on ) the rest of my time seems to be spent on this board!!!
Old 06-30-2010, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by CraftsByRobin
Originally Posted by Karen
Today you would have to have #16 made ... if you were doing one/day.

However ... I caught up in one day on the weekend ... and then did the rest for the week in one night ...

You can always make 2 to 3 a day until you get caught up ... :D

Thanks so much Robin! : )

:-D :D :-D :-D
Old 06-30-2010, 02:56 PM

I didn't make it to the Amish Quilt Shop but found a Walmart with some nice fabric now I am in business as soon as the three grandchildren I am watching go to bed. They are 4,3,and 1...what are the chances that will happen????? Mom and Dad are away for the next six days so I am Nanny Granny..I love it!!! but not much sewing gets done when they are awake... How did I ever do it when my own were young?? I know I can quilt up a storm given half the chance.