Oklahoma Quilters-wanna chat?

Old 06-20-2010, 06:59 PM

I've started this thread so we can get to know one another.

I'm Melinda, in Tulsa
Haven't been quilting all that long but I really do enjoy it. I'm not very good either but, oh well, I'm enjoying myself :lol:
Old 06-20-2010, 07:04 PM

Hi I'm Jeanne from Broken arrow have been sewing for 40 years but only quilting seriously for a couple of years. I have TONS to learn but hey thats part of the fun! :-D
Old 06-20-2010, 07:14 PM

Hi, I have been sewing for 55 yrs, and quilting for almost that long, but have only been returning to quilting the last 15 yrs after a long break raising our five children. Recently retired from Tulsa County so have had more time the last several yrs. Looking forward to doing more. Have been reading the board for several months.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:15 PM

What part of Tulsa are you from? I'm in Bixby.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:19 PM

East Tulsa.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:24 PM

I'm in mid-town. I've been quilting on and off since I was a kid. The advent of the rotary cutter changed my world. I work full time and run a dog rescue, sort of full time at times, so quilting is among and between other projects. I am 46 in July, and a newlywed. DH will be 63 this week, and we're working on our home and spending time with the pups. But I would love to hang with some quilters.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:37 PM

I'm in Duncan. Have been wondering who else is from my area. I have some acquaintances in your area, Tulsa and Bixby both. I am a newby at quilting, although I pieced a 9-patch when I was a teenager. A quilt class was started at church last year and I've been going ever since.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:46 PM

Do any of you belong to the quilt guild? I have before, but my husband is a cancer patient, and have not had the time to attend the meetings. The night group that I belonged to moved the meeting place to South Tulsa, so I have not been since. The day group still meets at Martin East Library, but husband has chemo on that morning, so still have not got back into it. I have done the Sat Sampler at the Quilt Sampler, but not the last one. Have done blocks for the QOV and the Downey quilts though.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by hazeljane
I'm in mid-town. I've been quilting on and off since I was a kid. The advent of the rotary cutter changed my world. I work full time and run a dog rescue, sort of full time at times, so quilting is among and between other projects. I am 46 in July, and a newlywed. DH will be 63 this week, and we're working on our home and spending time with the pups. But I would love to hang with some quilters.
congradulations on being a newlywed. I have been remarried for 10 yrs now and I still feel like a newlywed. I'm not sure what that says about me but I'm thinking its good. :lol:
Old 06-22-2010, 04:38 AM

Hi, I am a Oklahoma quilter from Skiatook, just north of Tulsa about 18 miles.
I have been quilting about three years now and I love it. I do belong to two guilds and looking to join Tulsa's pretty soon. Owasso's guild, Trails End and Tulsa Modern Quilt Guild. Both are a lot of fun and you can learn alot and meet some really good quilters.
Girardgirl61, I am a THREE time cancer surviour, so I know what you are going through with your hubby. Hang in there, your hubby will appriciate it. In my humble opinion, the caretaker has the hardest job, we as the cancer patient, just sit there and take what ever they dish out to us. We know what's going to happen to us, but, the caretaker, like my Hubby, never knew what I was going to do next. So, I have a GREAT BIG HUG for you and really, really, BIG THANKS.