computer virus

Old 06-23-2010, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Linda B
I got that virus that wants you to buy their 'fixer' about a month or so ago while on this forum. I did not click to buy, but have had toruble with my computer since then. We have run AVG and Spybot too many times to count. And we have restored, too. DH even dumped the whole hardrive and reinstalled everything. Boy, that was a big pain in the neck. Even with all that I still get a 'redirect' to some work at home site that when you X out takes you to another site, ditto, ditto about 4 or five sites before you end up back where you started. I'll tell DH about the Malwarebytes and AVAST that others recommended. Otherwise, I think I'll at least need a new hard drive to get rid of all this. Isn't there something the ADMIN can do? I've never had such a problem on any other forum and I really don't want to have to stop coming here.
When you get this type of "virus" report it to your internet provider. Report it as spam. My provider blocks alot of stuff like that. Mostly on my e-mail. I rarely get spam any more. I got it a few years ago and it took over my computer. My husband had to rebuild, but it was never the same afterward.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:16 PM
Power Poster

I very rarely open up links here. I used to and picked up a nasty virus. Once you open a link it is not the board that caused the problem, but the link. Just be very careful.