Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Finally Got  Hubs To The Doctor >

Finally Got Hubs To The Doctor

Finally Got Hubs To The Doctor

Old 07-02-2010, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by marsye
Well I got hubs to the doctor today for his sleeping problem. The doctor said it was insomnia (no kidding!:lol: ) and gave him Trazodone. Does anyone take this? Any bad sides effects from it?
Go to "webmd.com". Then click on medications. It'll tell you more about it.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:22 AM

There are three cats next door to me. They leave doo-doo on my deck and in my yard, and they dig around my plants. I'd be happy to send them to you so they can PURR FOR YOU. And they drive my puppies crazy! They belong to my neighbor's girlfriend. He's nice - she's nice. I'm stuck , but just wanted to gripe. Thanks!
Old 07-04-2010, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Granny B
There are three cats next door to me. They leave doo-doo on my deck and in my yard, and they dig around my plants. I'd be happy to send them to you so they can PURR FOR YOU. And they drive my puppies crazy! They belong to my neighbor's girlfriend. He's nice - she's nice. I'm stuck , but just wanted to gripe. Thanks!
This is so funny but then it really isn't funny. I'd love a cat again now that hubby doesn't have to deal with it anymore (passed away 2 yrs ago) it's better that I don't have one (cat that is).. LOL I love my birds & squirrels here in the woods so that's a big prob. for me. So it's better that I don't have one. My little Peke is the perf. pet for me now. I also have a mama raccoon with a baby around here so a cat would be dinner for her. I hate that idea.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Banned

Well I got hubs to the doctor today for his sleeping problem. The doctor said it was insomnia (no kidding!:lol: ) and gave him Trazodone. Does anyone take this? Any bad sides effects from it?
I have taken trazadone for years, and I have not had any side effects from it, and it is the only one out of all they tried that worked for me. How ever, tell hubby to take it and go to be. they work pretty fast, and he just wants to be relaxed. Good luck and God bless. Penny
Old 07-04-2010, 07:17 PM

I tried many things for insomnia for years, but none KEPT me asleep. It got worse with my cancer treatment. Finally, in Dec '09, my oncologist prescribed Ambien CR, and I've been sleeping through the night ever since. Sometimes I wake up for a bladder break, but I go back to sleep immediately. I'm probably adicted, but I don't care, because I'm getting my much-needed sleep!

This year, my med insurance company removed Ambien CR from their formulary. I appealed, and my doc went to bat for me, and they are covering it. I've appealed a couple of meds successfully, by the way. If any of you are having trouble with your insurance companies, they HAVE to have an appeal process. Just be sure to have a conversation FIRST with your doctor - probably with her/his nurse who will do the actually talking to the insurance company. It's critically important to get the doc on board before you appeal.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:05 AM
Banned

NO CATS! I'll purr for him :lol:

I'd pay to watch that! :-D :lol:
How much? :lol: :lol:
Old 07-13-2010, 01:59 PM
Power Poster

Ive had insomnia since childhood but don't take Trazadone myself but have a 3rd cousin by marriage that I am legally and health responsible for and she has been on it in a nursing home with no side effects. Good luck and peaceful sleeping for you both
Old 07-13-2010, 02:05 PM

This is what I was going to say. Don't ask me how I know.

Originally Posted by ctack2
Side effects? Only one I can think of right off.....if he sleeps really hard through the night and his bladder gets full..................
Carol B
Old 07-13-2010, 03:52 PM

I'm so glad you will both get some sleep. 2 years ago, after much begging, pleading and prodding from me, my DH went to get his sleep apnea treated. Now he has his handy dandy little air machine, and we both sleep all night soundly. And, the best part....he is FIT to live with!!! :-) I used to buy him Grumpy dwarf pins...because he was anything BUT Happy!!! :-)
Old 07-13-2010, 03:59 PM
Power Poster

Well I got hubs to the doctor today for his sleeping problem. The doctor said it was insomnia (no kidding!:lol: )
Hm, isn't the real question WHY????? and to think you had to pay the man. lol

Hope the hubs can handle the meds well and you get some well-deserved rest as well.