Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
simplicity rotary cutter >

simplicity rotary cutter

simplicity rotary cutter

Old 07-14-2010, 04:45 PM

Has anyone ever tried or have the simplicity rotary strip cutter? i have heard some say they either love it or hate it. i have ordered one but now i am doubting that it will work the way i need it to.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:55 PM
Pam

A friend showed me hers, and it took LONGER than doing it with a rotary cutter. I decided it was not for me. Once I get the fabric folded and square I am a cutting machine. After about 6 strips, I open it up, refold, and trim the edges and I am off again. I have no mobility issues with my hands and arms, if you do, could be a Godsend.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:47 PM

I have it and I HATE HATE HATE it! Doesn't cut straight. Doesn't cut all the way through. It won't even cut through a single sheet of paper! It sits in my corner gathering dust!
Old 07-14-2010, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by virtualbernie
I have it and I HATE HATE HATE it! Doesn't cut straight. Doesn't cut all the way through. It won't even cut through a single sheet of paper! It sits in my corner gathering dust!
maybe you should try and sell it on ebay. they are selling on there.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:45 PM

I would recommend returning it unopened. I have one that doesn't work. If you can save and get an Accuquilt Go! you will be alot happier. JMO, though. I have one that sits in the closet, tried it, didn't work well and ended up going back to the rotary cutter, until I saved enough for the Go!
Old 07-14-2010, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by pstoner
I would recommend returning it unopened. I have one that doesn't work. If you can save and get an Accuquilt Go! you will be alot happier. JMO, though. I have one that sits in the closet, tried it, didn't work well and ended up going back to the rotary cutter, until I saved enough for the Go!
thanks, i do have a go cutter, but i wanted this cutter to cut continuous strips without having to sew the strips together. maybe i will just invest in more of the strip dies. thanks
Old 07-14-2010, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by pstoner
you should sell it on ebay.