Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
pincushion swap signup ends Aug 2nd, mail deadline Sept 15th, Please be sure to send thank yous. >

pincushion swap signup ends Aug 2nd, mail deadline Sept 15th, Please be sure to send thank yous.

pincushion swap signup ends Aug 2nd, mail deadline Sept 15th, Please be sure to send thank yous.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:20 AM

I hit the jackpot today!!! I got a very nice package from my pin cushion partner, mbogenpohl. In it was a very cute basket lined with a checkered towel. In side the basket were a package of quilting safety pins, a little note pad with a quilting border on the pages, a great crochet dish cloth, a darling little finger pincushion, and a wonderful pumpkin pin cushion that is just so cute!! It has a piece of a wood for a stem, leaves and some decorative straw in the top!!! It was a great surprise to get such a nice present from my partner in this swap. It makes what I sent her look pitiful in comparison. I'm hoping she can post pictures of our exchanges, as I can't. Thanks again Michelle for all you sent me. It is like Christmas here today!!!
Janis
Old 09-27-2010, 02:13 PM

I just love looking to see what wonderful pincushions are posted what a lot of imagination and inspiration came from this swap! Thanks Barbsbus for doing this swap hope we can have another this one was so much fun!
Old 09-27-2010, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by quilt queen 2
I just love looking to see what wonderful pincushions are posted what a lot of imagination and inspiration came from this swap! Thanks Barbsbus for doing this swap hope we can have another this one was so much fun!
Barbsbus has started another pin cushion swap for Oct. You can find it here.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-65113-1.htm

To join, you just need to send her a PM and ask to be added to the list.
Wasn't the first one so much fun??!! Thanks Barbsbus for starting them.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:14 PM

I'm still patiently waiting for my pin cushion! Maybe tomorrow!
Old 09-28-2010, 10:47 AM

Janis, I'm so excited you loved you pincushion and the rest of the goodies I sent! I love giving surprises!!! Giving to me is so much better than receiving ! Just through your pm's to me I could tell you were so thrilled! I hope we get partnered up again real soon for another swap! You were a fantastic swap partner!
Old 09-28-2010, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by mbogenpohl
Janis, I'm so excited you loved you pincushion and the rest of the goodies I sent! I love giving surprises!!! Giving to me is so much better than receiving ! Just through your pm's to me I could tell you were so thrilled! I hope we get partnered up again real soon for another swap! You were a fantastic swap partner!
So were you!!! It was so much fun swapping with you. I'd do it again anytime!!! :) :) :)
Old 09-29-2010, 03:50 PM

I forgot to take a picture of my pincushion :oops: and my partner has not posted the picture. :cry: I will try to describe.

It was a soup cup, about 6 inches around and two inches tall. The cup was stuffed and a yellow background with blue flowers. The junction of the cushion and the cup was decorated with lace trimming.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:13 PM

What can I say, Christmas in September!!! I received my watercan pincushion today. Thank you so much JRSAY. Along with the pincushion I got 6 pack of batik blocks, horse chestnuts for planting. Yea me, Christmas in September. Will post pictures later.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by sistahdebbra
What can I say, Christmas in September!!! I received my watercan pincushion today. Thank you so much JRSAY. Along with the pincushion I got 6 pack of batik blocks, horse chestnuts for planting. Yea me, Christmas in September. Will post pictures later.
Please do post pictures, I want to see the pincushion. That was very sweet of your swapper.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:05 PM

When I went to the post office today and picked up my mail which was held while I was out of town, I found a package containing two cute pincushions from neece. Thank you, neece.

Plump baby doll and jean pocket pincushions
[ATTACH=CONFIG]108105[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-108100.jpe