Trip to Ohio & PA

Old 07-28-2010, 10:45 AM

I will be leaving on Aug. 22 to take my DD to college in Akron, Ohio. Once I move her into the dorm I will drive to Hershey, PA to spend a couple of days with friends. Then I will start working my way back to Montana. I have made plans to meet with a couple of people along the way. But if anyone has any suggestions, both quilting related and other, of places that I should stop and see please let me know. I hope to spend at least a couple of days in the Lancaster area, but other than that, I am pretty flexible. I plan to spend a couple of days in Shipshewana on the way home & maybe a day south of Chicago (Lemont area). A few days are planned in Wisconsin, but nothing set in stone. And I'm always ready to meet more friends! Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions!
Old 07-28-2010, 11:37 AM

Have a good trip! I have family in that area of Ohio... :D
Old 07-28-2010, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Marlys
I will be leaving on Aug. 22 to take my DD to college in Akron, Ohio. Once I move her into the dorm I will drive to Hershey, PA to spend a couple of days with friends. Then I will start working my way back to Montana. I have made plans to meet with a couple of people along the way. But if anyone has any suggestions, both quilting related and other, of places that I should stop and see please let me know. I hope to spend at least a couple of days in the Lancaster area, but other than that, I am pretty flexible. I plan to spend a couple of days in Shipshewana on the way home & maybe a day south of Chicago (Lemont area). A few days are planned in Wisconsin, but nothing set in stone. And I'm always ready to meet more friends! Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions!
Have a safe and wonderful trip
Old 07-28-2010, 01:33 PM
Power Poster

OOOHHH Shipshewanna , my favorite :thumbup: Lollys has a regular store and a basement discount area :wink: Yoders Department store is also nice, I should start there as they can be cheaper then Lollys , but well I always do it the other way :roll:

Have a safe trip :thumbup:
Old 07-28-2010, 01:34 PM
Power Poster

Have A WONDERFUL trip!
Old 07-28-2010, 04:09 PM

If you need a place to stay to get off the road and a home cooked meal near Pittsburgh Pm me. I would love to have a quilter guest in my guest room :)
If you already have accommodations then we could meet for lunch and maybe a shopping trip :D
Old 07-28-2010, 04:31 PM
Banned

I live in south west Ohio will you be near Cincinnati???????

If you are going to Lancaster you will be about an hour away from Gettysburg Pa with lots of history and if you are into CW repro's there is no better place to get them.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1

If you are going to Lancaster you will be about an hour away from Gettysburg Pa with lots of history and if you are into CW repro's there is no better place to get them.
Unfortunately, I will not be close to Cincinnati this trip. I will be taking the northern route both coming and going. But if my DD continues school in Ohio (and I'm sure she will) I plan to travel different areas each time. So maybe next year!!!

My original plan was to go to Gettysburg. My husband was going to come along and he loves Civil War history. But he cannot get away from work at that time so I decided to skip Gettysburg until he can go with me. Since I will be alone I decided to do the "quilt thing". I definitely would not get to do that if he was with me!
Old 07-28-2010, 05:50 PM
Banned

Unfortunately, I will not be close to Cincinnati this trip. I will be taking the northern route both coming and going. But if my DD continues school in Ohio (and I'm sure she will) I plan to travel different areas each time. So maybe next year!!!
If DD can't make it home for a holiday I would hate to see her alone at school please let me know and she could spend it with us. I just am unsure of how far Akron is from me but it is CLOSER then Montana!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 07-28-2010, 06:38 PM

If DD can't make it home for a holiday I would hate to see her alone at school please let me know and she could spend it with us. I just am unsure of how far Akron is from me but it is CLOSER then Montana!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I appreciate that! Actually, our friends in Hershey have a sister in Akron. They come to Akron for Thanksgiving every year and have already claimed my daughter for that week! I will definitely have her home for Christmas! Thank you for the offer! People on this board are the best!!!