Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hello from a Quilting PAM (Proud Army Mom) >

Hello from a Quilting PAM (Proud Army Mom)

Hello from a Quilting PAM (Proud Army Mom)

Old 02-08-2007, 09:58 AM

Hey everybody!! I am a quilter in Illinois - not Chicago area of IL - - or the Metro East of St Louis. :) My son is in the Army and my daughter is married to an Air Force guy and has one son so far. I am waiting on more. :lol: I love being a grandma!!

I have made my first QOV (Quilt of Valor) for our wounded military members and have gotten our quilt guild here involved. I am really excited to be making something for these boys and girls.

Just wanted to stop by and say HI!

Lynne
Old 02-08-2007, 02:39 PM

WELCOME LYNNE!! I, too, have a serving son! He is now in Afghanistan, waiting to come home the end of March...after being gone 15 months........he has a little boy, 22 months, and a babe.......a precious lil girl, born in July. Can we all say that we pray one for (and with) another!?? God bless your family as you (all) endure this....it has been a real long, hard year for all of us, but God Bless these wonderful men and women who serve!!
By the way, I am from WI.(Nancy) Started quilting when Mat left! Nice to meet you!
Old 02-16-2007, 07:51 PM
Administrator

My son is an emergency medical technician, currently stationed at Ramstein AFB, Germany. He'll finally be home soon, too.

:mrgreen:

My prayers and gratitude to all the soldiers, sailors, airmen & marines out there ... and to the parents who raised them to have such generosity and strength.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:34 AM

Hey Army Mom,
I'm a soldier's mom, too! I'm in Jacksonville, NC home of the largest Marine Corps Base on the east coast, but my son wanted to make his own mark on the world. He just didn't want to follow in his dad's Marine footsteps. He's and Army Sergeant First Class serving proudly in Iraq.

Hope to get to chat with you soon, we'll commiserate!
Old 02-17-2007, 12:08 PM

welcome! I, too, am a proud soldier's mom......my son is in Afghanistan now........he is a SSG! He, too, is sposed to be home soon! (March-April)...he has been gone 15 months, leaving a son and baby girl! will be wonderful to have him home/...........I, too, thank all of these wonderful, brave men and women and ask the the Lord watch over each and every one!
Welcome to this site, I am from WI...have only quilted 1 year, since Mat was deployed! Blessings...........Nancy
Old 02-17-2007, 07:43 PM

Hi Lynne and welcome. I live in Montana but am originally from Illinois. And not from Chicago or St. Louis area either. My family still lives there and I try to visit as much as I can. Where are you from? Tricia
Old 02-20-2007, 01:28 PM

My son is finally out of harm's way for the moment. I am from shores of Alabama and live in Clinton County Illinois. I try and get home at least once a year.

I am glad I found this site. There is soooooo much info here. I have been sewing and quilting for some time and I still learn stuff from other people.

Thanks for all of your prayers for our peace warriors. Let's pray that this stuff can end for the best real soon. God Bless - - Lynne
Old 02-24-2007, 12:31 PM

I am a proud Air Force Mom/Proud Air Force Aunt.

Proud of all of them.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:04 PM

Hello and welcome to the board!! I really like it here. Tons of advice and great people to become friends with. I was born and raised in rural Illinois. No chicago or east st louis for me!!. I live in OK now. I'm trying to think of Clinton County. I was born in Bureau Co. My dad born in Rock Island County and raised in Henry Co.

My older son just joined the army. He'll be done with AIT in June. I'm sure they'll deploy him right away. We miss him, but boy are we proud!!

Have a great one,
melissa
Old 09-26-2007, 08:13 AM

:wink: Hi everyone. My son is in the Navy. He is a Rescue Swimmer and currently is in San Diego, CA. I feel for all of you with kids overseas, but I will become one of you soon enough. Quilting is great therapy when thinking about our kids so far away. My thoughts and prayers are with them and all of you. Happy Quilting! :D