Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155) >

Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Old 11-06-2010, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by goldendog55
I've also got my blocks finished that I've received F8s for. I wanted to get them done and out of the way, because now, I'm making Christmas gifts. (I'm currently working on my grown-up son's quilt that I didn't finish from last Christmas. I'll be so glad when it is finished. My son chose a design from a Q-Bert game, and I took on the most difficult quilt I've ever made. I sure need encouragement to finish it, but at last I'm seeing light at the end of the tunnel.) You can see a pic of it in the picture section!
Wow! I just looked at the quilt you are doing for your son; it is incredible!! I can't imagine trying to do something that complicated....only for a child....LOL :D I'm sure you are tired of looking at it but he is going to LOVE IT!! Good luck!!
Old 11-06-2010, 03:18 PM

Well, he's sort of a child- he's 28!
Old 11-06-2010, 03:21 PM

Well, he's sort of a child- he's 28!
ROFL!! Sorry....I knew that but mine are 24, 20 and 17 and are all my "babies" so your's is still a child to me :D
Old 11-06-2010, 03:24 PM

Golden-I LOVE LOVE it...oh wait it is horrible and your son will never like it so you can send it this way and I am sure I can find it in my heart to love it lol Seriously you did an AMAZING job with the Q-bert quilt and I am sure he will adore it!!

Lucinda, Izzy is taking it alright...she tells me every day that she misses her and she was such a good dog mommy. It breaks my heart that she has had to go through this but sadly it is a part of life :-(

Much Love & Huge Hugs
April
Old 11-07-2010, 04:24 AM

I've also got my blocks finished that I've received F8s for. I wanted to get them done and out of the way, because now, I'm making Christmas gifts. (I'm currently working on my grown-up son's quilt that I didn't finish from last Christmas. I'll be so glad when it is finished. My son chose a design from a Q-Bert game, and I took on the most difficult quilt I've ever made. I sure need encouragement to finish it, but at last I'm seeing light at the end of the tunnel.) You can see a pic of it in the picture section!
Goldendog I just checked out the pic section, that quilt is going to be awesome, that game was one of my sons favorite and I used to get so frustrated because I could only do a few levels but he could get to the end. Keep up the good work, I know you will get it done this year.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Golden-I LOVE LOVE it...oh wait it is horrible and your son will never like it so you can send it this way and I am sure I can find it in my heart to love it lol Seriously you did an AMAZING job with the Q-bert quilt and I am sure he will adore it!!

Lucinda, Izzy is taking it alright...she tells me every day that she misses her and she was such a good dog mommy. It breaks my heart that she has had to go through this but sadly it is a part of life :-(

Much Love & Huge Hugs
April

April I am so sorry that you had such a bad week last week. I hope you are feeling better and that you have a whole lot better week next week and I am sorry that Izzy had to experience this part of life at such a young age. last year when I lost my big black cat named Teddy the kids were so sad and it made me cry everytime one of them mentioned how much they missed him, so I went through all my pics and found pics of each one of the kids with him and made up a special frame for the pics and hung it right above his favorite place to sleep. The kids now look at it and say remember when... Don't we just wish that we could sheild our kids from lifes hard lessons till they were old enough to handle them, but then again we probably wouldn't ever think that they were old enough!
Take care of you and Izzy Ksea
Old 11-07-2010, 07:26 AM

Hi friends,
4 blocks going home (7 in the last 2 days!! making progress here!!!)
Monday in the mail the following:

hoppyfrog- I've done one but if I have time I'll make a second

kwiltkrazy- finally your block is going home; it was the second block I started and because it was perse applique it took me longer and

quiltergirl 80- I used all the second fabric you sent, it was just what I needed for the center background.

knlsmith- posted a pic a few days ago but I was taking the paper from the back and mailing Mon.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:52 AM

Hi everyone, not a great day to go out so I thought I would look at my blocks. They are amazing.
Looking at the spread sheet, F8's I have not received

mobenpohl
new2quilting

Blocks that I have not received

letsquilt
mobenpohl
new2quilting
norbanaquilts
nursebonnie
Odessaquilts
purplemem
quiltergirl80
quiltingturtle
barsbus
dawson.tracy35
karenbarnes
knismith
kwiltkrazy

I sent out all my blocks. If you have not received one from me, please let me know
thanks very much
Old 11-07-2010, 09:29 AM

I am working on everyone's blocks this week. Got lots cut and ready to sew. I have told everyone to leave me alone and only I will be available if it is a REAL emergency. :roll: Hope this works. I am having a lot of fun playing with all the pretty F8 materials that came in the mail. I am so glad I have a good stash of small pieces that are working great for this swap. A lot of my friends have been cleaning out their stashes and they give me lots of pieces they no longer want. Some are really nice and some will be good for doggie and kitty blankets. I promise not to procrastinate anymore for this project.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:57 AM

I don't remember who's fabric is the one with sunflowers and stripes (don't worry- I have notes to ensure I send it to the right mommy). Man-- isn't she ambitious? I had to take some graph paper, measure and re-measure to see if I had enough fabric. I think I do... I'll probably cut it today and see how it goes.
I have pretentius girls on my design wall. But again; I am a spoiler.