Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155) >

Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Old 12-19-2010, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by knlsmith
Ok, I have a couple things. First is kinda of a question. Do we just consider the few people who received fabric from all of us and never participated as getting a bunch of free 1/8 yard fabrics? Sorry, but kinda ticks me off a touch, not a bunch, but a touch. I have been working 60 hours a week for 3 months and I managed to keep in touch and get my stuff done. if they needed help, they could have asked for it.

2nd, I just wanted to say that I am sorry everyone got plain old 9 patched from me. i really wanted to be creative, again, work has over run my life recently. BUT I also really needed to practice the 9 patch and it seems to go with everything.

I want to thank everyone for all the blocks. They are all quite fabulous! Hopefully next weekend I can get them all laid out and post a pic of them all together.
I'm letting it roll off my back, this is the season of giving, nor receiving. There were two other people that could have truly enjoyed this swap, but let by-gones be bygone.

The nine patches I received give me nice resting spots, and a wonderful area where I can show off some of my (hard earned) quilting skills. I ended up doing some nine patches too. But, I did what I could. Ran out of time. and still am not done. I love all of my blocks, I am an equal-opportunity, block lover-type. I can't wait to put all my blocks together, even though the project is quite a ways down my to-do list. I so enjoyed this swap, even though I did not manage it well, but I certainly learned a lot about organizational skills. time and filing. Thank y ou all for these wonderful lessons, and the extra bonuses of your beautiful works of art. Merry Christmas and a very happy and special New Year 2011. Can you believe it! 2011.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Okay here is the updated list of those interested. If for some reason I still have your name and you are not interested please let me know. If I am missing you also please let me know!
Much Love & Huge Hugs
April

bibliostone
bookworm
brenda 5
buddy's mom
Carsey
dawson.tracy35
fryguyoore
goldendog55(2)
janecat (2)
Jetnica
jlin52
Jupiter
Kathy N
ksea (2)
letsquilt
LovingIzabella (2)
missgigglewings
montanablu
moonrise (2)
nurse bonnie
oatw13
Obsessed
OdessaQuilts
Ok Darla
purplemem
Qbee (2)
quiltlin
rejenea
shaysmema (2)
wendsy (2)
I'm for sure out for 4.0 -- more doctor stuff is in my future, and finishing up the christmas presents that aren't going to be done in time... =(
Old 12-19-2010, 04:14 PM

leakus I sent you the pinwheel at the bottom
Old 12-19-2010, 04:20 PM

I have three more grown up blocks going home in the morning.
Quiltingturtle
quiltlin
dawson.tracy35
I hope you all enjoy them, Im sorry I didnt get very creative but Ive had so much fun with the d/p nine patch, long hours at work have kicked my butt!!!
kwiltkrazy I didnt see you signed uo for Boom4
Old 12-19-2010, 05:46 PM

Letsquilt, can't manage it this time, I am so far behind on other obligations, I have to decline, but I will be watching with drool running down my chin, and great longing in the creative part of my brain. But, I will be back for 5.0. Also, this is our quilt show year. we do it every other year, and I am co-chair of the boutique.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:39 PM

I understand, but we will miss you!!!!
I finally have all my boom3 blocks done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Im stillwaiting on three people to send fabrics, I have sent them a PM.
But all the rest will go home tomorrow.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:36 PM

That's a great feeling, isn't it! Any project that you can stay with to the end, is a great accomplishment. Considering everyone's diverse schedules, health issues, and family obligations, its a wonder that we ever get to say that we have finished something.

Congratulations and I hope everyone in this group can enjoy that same feeling of accomplishment soon.

Merry Christmas,
Jupiter :thumbup:
Old 12-19-2010, 09:04 PM

Alright ladies, here's my update.

April, I'd love to do 4.0. You don't have me on the list on page 143.

Ok Darla, brenda5, purplemem, leakus, Nurse Bonnie and jlin52, your blocks are done and will be in the mail tomorrow.

kwiltkrazy, knlsmith, and letsquilt, I have recieved your blocks for my quilt. Thank you!

I have not yet recieved F8s from new2quilting or mbogenpohl.

I'm still working on blocks for dawson.tracy35, JaneCat, shaysmema, ReneeBobby, moonrise, and quiltergirl80. They should be done and mailed very soon.

So sorry for the delay guys. Life keeps happening... I'm sick again today and got tomorrow off work. Here's my plan: rest one hour, quilt half an hour, repeat.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by Jupiter
That's a great feeling, isn't it! Any project that you can stay with to the end, is a great accomplishment. Considering everyone's diverse schedules, health issues, and family obligations, its a wonder that we ever get to say that we have finished something.

Congratulations and I hope everyone in this group can enjoy that same feeling of accomplishment soon.

Merry Christmas,
Jupiter :thumbup:
You are so right. I was getting scared that I wouldn't get done, and now that I am it IS a great feeling!

Happy holidays! Hope to post pic of all my blocks this weeken
d.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:22 AM

Okay first I would like to address the issue of receiving blocks/F8s. Sadly with a direct mail swap I can not guarantee that every swapper will return a block. I have had at least one swapper in each Boomerang swap who received F8s but never mailed theirs or mailed F8s and received blocks back but never made any in return. It hurts me to see this happen but it is not something I can control. I do my very best to make sure the people in the swap have a good swap history or board reputation but I can not ban a member from joining if they are new to the board as that is not allowed on the forum. Everyone has to be given a chance but I have learned and I know who I will and who I won't allow in to future swaps. Like a roll of the dice sometimes this swap has a bad turn but overall you do end up with at least 32-33 blocks back which is why I do like to do a larger group-you will still end up with a nice size top if there are a few swap floppers.

Second it was suggested to me that the cost of postage may be a little much for some people especially if the post office raises their prices again. It was recommended that perhaps every swapper mail out their F8s but send all the completed blocks to me by the due date in a flat rate envelope/box with a stamp to return your blocks from the other swappers in the same type of envelope/box (depends on what they will fit in). What are your thoughts on this everyone? Do you prefer to continue to mail all of your blocks when completed or do you want to try something like this (it also adds a little more accountability to the swapper). This is just a suggestion-nothing set in stone yet. I would love feedback on this idea.

Third MegsAnn I will add you to the list for 4 and I am sorry Jetnica that you won't be able to do it but I do understand. To all of you who won't be in 4 you will be missed and we hope to see you again some time in the future.

And Fourthly-sorry lastly lol I thank you all for your hard work and dedication to the swap and for my hug blocks. I have started setting them with the fabric I found and this will be one beautiful HUG!! Thank you all again from the bottom of my heart for the love and support you have shown me and for your commitment to my swap.

Much Love & Huge Hugs
April