Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I've had to tell my husband..... >

I've had to tell my husband.....

I've had to tell my husband.....

Old 09-25-2010, 12:31 PM

.....that if he wants a clean house that he needs to clean it. If he wants to eat that he needs to cook (and make enough for me too). Because, I have more projects than I have life expectancy, so I need to keep working on them to get as many done as I can. I'll do the laundry, but if he wants things folded, well, you know..... :wink:
Old 09-25-2010, 12:36 PM

I'm in the same boat! I love it! :-P
Old 09-25-2010, 12:37 PM
Power Poster

I told my DH all that when he asked me to marry him. LOL. I added in doing his own laundry too. I do keep the housework done. I'm not wifey at all.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I told my DH all that when he asked me to marry him. LOL. I added in doing his own laundry too. I do keep the housework done. I'm not wifey at all.
Well, when we married, the only deal was that he cook and I'll clean it all up. (I hate cooking) But, we've been married 26 years and being older I've accumulated tons more project ideas than I had back then, so, I've had to amend that original agreement. Except this time we are already married, so it was a telling rather than an agreement. :mrgreen:
Old 09-25-2010, 12:52 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

My Hubby doesn't complain. He says if I enjoy it then do it. Which really surprised me.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:02 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

I hired a housekeeper..LOL.. I'm with you all, too many projects for one lifetime that need to get done...Oh don't get me wrong I still clean everyday- dishes, pick up toys, pick up laundry ( Ugh I hate laundry!- it multiplies I think in the dark.. ) but Shelly is the best, shes does the deep down cleaning versus my quick clean up..

Yay to Shelly..
Old 09-25-2010, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
I hired a housekeeper..LOL.. I'm with you all, too many projects for one lifetime that need to get done...Oh don't get me wrong I still clean everyday- dishes, pick up toys, pick up laundry ( Ugh I hate laundry!- it multiplies I think in the dark.. ) but Shelly is the best, shes does the deep down cleaning versus my quick clean up..

Yay to Shelly..
Think she'll travel to Michigan?
Old 09-25-2010, 01:07 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by burnsk
Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt

Yay to Shelly..
Think she'll travel to Michigan?
Sorry Shelly is all mine!!! I dont ever wanna lose her.. My house would be a disaster area!!!!!
Old 09-25-2010, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by freezeframe03
.....that if he wants a clean house that he needs to clean it. If he wants to eat that he needs to cook (and make enough for me too). Because, I have more projects than I have life expectancy, so I need to keep working on them to get as many done as I can. I'll do the laundry, but if he wants things folded, well, you know..... :wink:
LOL
Old 09-25-2010, 01:36 PM

I told my hubby that I had cooked for the first 25 years we were married, so he could cook for the next 25. Anyway he says he would starve to death if he waited for me to stop sewing/painting/gardening and come and cook a meal.

Not on the top of my priority list.