Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fat quilts for "fluffy" people >

Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

Old 10-05-2010, 08:35 AM

Hi all,

I'm a participant of the month weight loss challenges we have on the General Chat board. Some of the people who participate have lost over 50 lbs! We thought it would be a good idea to make a "fat quilt" to celebrate the weight that is being lost. We wanted to post it on this board so that those of you who are not participating in the weight loss challenge, can participate in the fat quilt project.

For every 1 lb lost, you make a quilt block. If you have a lot to lose (like me!) then you should make your blocks smaller, maybe 6". If you have only a few pounds to lose then maybe you should make 12" blocks. It's completely up to you. No fabric requirements and no minimum quilt size. These quilts should be personal and should reflect your weight loss journey.

Every time you complete a quilt block, please post the pictures here. We want to inspire and encourage each other to get healthy, lose those unwanted pounds, and quilt! :D

Please PM me with questions. :)

Cheers,
Christina
Old 10-05-2010, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo

For every 1 lb lost, you make a quilt block. If you have a lot to lose (like me!) then you should make your blocks smaller, maybe 6".
Cheers,
Christina
This gave me such a giggle this morning, CHristina. Thank YOU!
Old 10-05-2010, 08:41 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

You know I'm in. I'm just posting so I can keep up with this thread.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:43 AM

So my question is: do you remove a block for each pound regained.:>(( I tend to lose 5 to 8 pounds then regain them slowly till I am back to where I started. Such a yo yo I am. All kidding aside waiting to see lots of blocks from the participants
Old 10-05-2010, 08:48 AM

Great idea - not only will this be my first quilt 'just for me', but it will also have the story to go along with it. And hey, if I ever do lose all the weight I should - it'll be big enough for my king size bed!
Old 10-05-2010, 08:50 AM

Thats really a great idea..Lord knows I really do need to sew more than I need to eat this winter..Im in so I will start posting soon with the blocks I start making.I will have to make the smaller 6 in blocks as I have quite a bit to lose...Thanks for the suggestion!Ill see the rest of you other "fluffy"people soon...lol bye for now,Dori
Old 10-05-2010, 08:51 AM

I love this idea of the quilt but I am making a yo yo quilt just in case, you know. Some days its up and some days its down. This should be fun.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:53 AM

I love the idea of a yo yo quilt, how representative of weight loss that would be. I'm down 43 lbs...I don't know if I can catch up with 43 blocks, but I'm going to give it a shot!
Old 10-05-2010, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by littleone
So my question is: do you remove a block for each pound regained.:>(( I tend to lose 5 to 8 pounds then regain them slowly till I am back to where I started. Such a yo yo I am.
You could add yo-yos to some of your blocks to symbolize your "past" problems. Have faith that with the support of this group that will not be a problem this time. ;-)
Old 10-05-2010, 09:03 AM
Banned

Just wondering will I make all the same blocks or a different one each month. Does anyone know if there is a pattern that could be used for losing lb. You know like Jacobs Ladder isn't really a ladder but kind of looks like one. Or monkey wrench looks like a wrench is there a pattern for scales?????? maybe broken dishs would be a good one. Just thinking out loud here.

Thanks for doing this Christina it is a nice spin off of the weight loss challenge.