Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
which sewing machine? >

which sewing machine?

which sewing machine?

Old 10-05-2010, 08:35 AM

Hi everybody, I am looking for a sewing machine to put permanently on the frame just for quilting. I have no idea which one is the most suitable. It has to have lots of space between needle and arm and I have to able to lower the transporters.
Is there anybody who could give me any advice? What machine do you have? or do you all have this wonderfull quilting machine? :roll:
Old 10-05-2010, 02:51 PM

Your decision will be greatly affected by what is available in your area. The thought of importing any of the ones I'm familiar with makes my head spin. I have a Voyager 17SLR which is one of the cheaper mid-arms here. I have no idea the hoops or amount of money it would take to get one over there. My best advice would be to check out the brand names that are available worldwide like the Janome Horizon, Viking/Husqvarna Mega Quilter 18 x 8 or Sapphire--whatever it's called. I think it depends on which brand name it's selling under. Possibly even the new Bernina--totally forgot what it's called..830 maybe or Aurora?
Old 10-05-2010, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by BKrenning
Your decision will be greatly affected by what is available in your area. The thought of importing any of the ones I'm familiar with makes my head spin. I have a Voyager 17SLR which is one of the cheaper mid-arms here. I have no idea the hoops or amount of money it would take to get one over there. My best advice would be to check out the brand names that are available worldwide like the Janome Horizon, Viking/Husqvarna Mega Quilter 18 x 8 or Sapphire--whatever it's called. I think it depends on which brand name it's selling under. Possibly even the new Bernina--totally forgot what it's called..830 maybe or Aurora?
Thank you so much Beverly! We have most of these brands.