Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hi from Tennessee >

Hi from Tennessee

Hi from Tennessee

Old 03-05-2007, 11:50 AM

Hello Everyone!

I have been looking for a quilting forum and just happened upon this one, so I joined. I used to quilt awhile ago and now I'm looking to getting back into it as I have just left my final job I hope :)
so I am going to have some free time to make some quilts that I have been waiting to make for over a year now. i look forward to getting to know everyone here and hopefully making some friends.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:19 AM

Welcome ladymyste. I've been logging in here most every day since I joined a few months ago. This site is soooooo good. You get all kinds of info on just about everything, all you have to do is ask. Their's a great bunch of ladies here. I've not met anyone here personaly (misspelled, do we have a spell check here) but I feel they are all my closest friends. Welcome Welcome Welcome.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:27 PM

where are you in tenn i live in west tenn about 40 miles from memphis, tenn i am new to thanks dorothy from tenn
Old 03-09-2007, 06:47 AM

Middysmom- I'm in the Karns area of Tennessee. We moved down here 14 months ago when my husband retired from the Navy and now we're here to stay! I love the area!

Debbie - I have been logging in several times a day since I joined and I am loving it! It really has me motivated to start quilting again. Now I'm waiting for my new books to come in and I am working on binding the first quilt I made. I also have another top I should put together if I can remember how it was supposed to go together. i made the blocks a couple years ago at a class and have to find the pattern to see if I can figure out how to put it together. :D

I'm sure you'll see me around quite often.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:59 AM

Welcome to the fun forum. We laugh and joke with our quilting. Life is way to short to not have a laugh, eh?

My sil retired with her Marine husband to the mountains of TN. He grew up there and her being a beach baby (65yo) it surprised all of us. But they come home frequently.

I thought I'd have way more time for my sewing/quilting when I retired. More people found out I was retired and I haven't slowed much yet! lol

Have fun and join right in, we like to talk here!
Sharon
Old 03-09-2007, 07:24 PM

Hello, I too am from Tn, cleveland area 2o miles from chattanooga welcome,. I have been part of this great family for a few days and they are very helpful and very encouraging
Old 03-10-2007, 04:24 PM

I'm just a hop and skip from Tennessee and I understand we have the same culture because I've been white water rafting in my younger days at many a great river in TN. I even went to the Ocoee during the summer olympics. I would still go but I have a disabled husband. I don't work anymore but I probably need to. My husband is disabled from a coalmining accident and then a near fatal car accident. Now I have twice as much husband and half as much money. The last, car wreck caused me to loose my fairly good paying job because I had to nurse him to health. It's a blessing though because the work place isn't the greatest place to be these days unless you have a good employer to work with. :? Are there any out there?

I love to sew. I love to dream about making my house a beautiful cabin full of country items. I also can't forget about my first love, writing. If I'm not writing, I'm reading. I love collectable magazines, Victorian magazines, and any kind of book.

I'm just glad to have some friends on the net. I live in a pretty rural neighborhood. When Mom visits she laughs when we run to the door to see who it is...My Gosh! Ya'll are just a bunch of Hillbilly's. Proud of it too! :!:
Old 03-10-2007, 04:25 PM

Dorthy,
I don't know how far my kinfolks are from you but I've been to visit them in Atoka and the tomato city. I can only remember the tomato! Funny eh? :lol:
Old 03-10-2007, 04:26 PM

Oh, Ripley, TN.
Diane
Old 03-10-2007, 04:27 PM

I hope to have left my last job too. I think sometimes we need to live within our means and leave the workplace to those who can stand it.
Diane :shock: