Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Quilt block of the month for March, 2007 - Blazing Arrows - Instructions & Discussion >

Quilt block of the month for March, 2007 - Blazing Arrows - Instructions & Discussion

Quilt block of the month for March, 2007 - Blazing Arrows - Instructions & Discussion

Old 03-08-2007, 03:59 AM

Hello every one. I ask and got permission to post a block of the month type thing here. Now if you all swap it with each other that is up to you. I just don't have the means to make a lot of blocks to swap my self but know how others enjoy it. But please abide by the quilt block owner's rules. Now my question is. Is any one besides me interested in making a quilt block every month?

Misty :P PS. We can post pictures of these blocks if you want
also.

Here is the link to the block:

http://www.quilterscache.com/B/BlazingArrowsBlock.html
Old 03-08-2007, 04:11 AM

I'm interested....but don't do swaps...would just do it for myself if that is ok!
Old 03-08-2007, 04:28 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Misty56
Hello every one. I ask and got permission to post a block of the month type thing here. Now if you all swap it with each other that is up to you. I just don't have the means to make a lot of blocks to swap my self but know how others enjoy it. But please abide by the quilt block owner's rules. Now my question is. Is any one besides me interested in making a quilt block every month?

Misty :P PS. We can post pictures of these blocks if you want
also.
I'm interested if there are NO RULES. it drives me crazy to find supposedly "free" patterns that have all sorts of rules and restrictions tied to them.

Anything I post anywhere on this board - unless it's under the Classifieds - is for everybody to use as they please. If it's something original, I trust people to give me credit when appropriate. If they don't, they don't. It's a risk I'm willing to take.

Here's one for "starters". My own adaptations of the traditional Jack-in-a-Box block. I stumbled across an existing block graphic today that looks like one of my adaptations. I've mad a note of that and updated the .pdf file. Don't want to claim anything that isn't really mine.

If you look at the lines in the block diagrams, you can see how they're pieced and put together. I'd want to trade FQs for templates and detailed instructions, but the basic layout of the blocks and suggested tops can be used as guides for making whatever size you prefer.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-2946.jpe  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Attachment-7577.pdf (65.3 KB, 233 views)
Old 03-08-2007, 10:05 AM

I'm making a 'block-a-week' with my sister. It's great fun. I'd enjoy making a 'block-a-month' with our new friends here and I'm sure my sister will join us too.
I agree with Country Quilter. I'd like to just make the blocks for myself.

When do we start? :D
Old 03-08-2007, 10:31 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Yvonne
I'm making with a 'block-a-week' with my sister. It's great fun. I'd enjoy making a 'block-a-month' with our new friends here and I'm sure my sister will join us too.
I agree with Country Quilter. I'd like to just make the blocks for myself.

When do we start? :D
Is Misty picking and posting a single block each month?
Or do all who can create illustrations and instructions and who want to share post instructions for a block each month?
Old 03-08-2007, 11:08 AM

ld want to just make it just for myself, my work is not that good yet.......that way if one is to difficult I could skip it or sub.....so count me in :oops: :thumbup:
Old 03-08-2007, 11:21 AM

I'm game. When do we start? Happy, happy, joy, joy!!! :D :lol: :-) :oops:
Old 03-08-2007, 02:32 PM

Hey every one. I think we all could take turns posting the block and as I stated before the only rules ( Management said we had to follow the quilt block makers rules). I guess this means we can't make a free block to sale to someone for money that is what most of them say any way.

I don't have the money to make a lot of blocks to trade- I just want something to practice on and to learn on and if we all do the same blocks then we can help each other to learn.

But since I came up with the idea I would like to pick the first block if no one minds?

Oh Happy Quilting.........YEEEEEPEEEEE!!!
Do you see the child coming out in me? And I am in my 50's :mrgreen:
Old 03-08-2007, 02:41 PM

How do you spell... when Ricky Ricardo used to say "aye yi yi" Lucy...I dun unnerstand!"
Old 03-08-2007, 02:43 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Misty56
Hey every one. I think we all could take turns posting the block and as I stated before the only rules ( Management said we had to follow the quilt block makers rules). I guess this means we can't make a free block to sale to someone for money that is what most of them say any way.

I don't have the money to make a lot of blocks to trade- I just want something to practice on and to learn on and if we all do the same blocks then we can help each other to learn.

But since I came up with the idea I would like to pick the first block if no one minds?

Oh Happy Quilting.........YEEEEEPEEEEE!!!
Do you see the child coming out in me? And I am in my 50's :mrgreen:
not to be a trouble-maker, but who decides who gets to pick for which month? May I suggest that we just open it up to anyone who wants to share illustrations and instructions at any time? And may I also suggest that anyone who isn't willing to share without restrictions post their blocks under the classifieds? The less complicated the process, the more fun we'll have with the outcome.

P.S. so .... Misty ... i've been waiting like 30 seconds already. where's the first block?
:mrgreen: