Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Louisville Kentucky area Quilters >

Louisville Kentucky area Quilters

Louisville Kentucky area Quilters

Old 10-25-2010, 08:41 AM

OK now....this is just silly. I have noticed that there are several of us in the Louisville area but to my knowledge (and I may be WAY wrong) we aren't doing any "get togethers". So....since I am still working on something for the whole KY/IN/OH area for the spring, I thought I would ask how many in the Louisville area would be interested in a get together. Please let me know your thoughts!! :D
Old 10-25-2010, 08:43 PM

Sounds like a great idea!
Old 10-26-2010, 03:01 AM

QBee.... Hi, I have connected with two Louisville Quilters. We have not met yet, due to a variety of reasons. I would love to meet up with someone. My time is limited but would make every effort to connect.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:51 AM

Let me know if a "get together" is planned. I work during the day, but with notice I can hopefully attend.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:44 AM

I think a meet and great in Louisville would be GREAT! There are so many of us in this area it seems silly not to get together...LOL :D I was thinking since many of you work outside the home that we could meet and Among Friends on Taylorsville Road either on a Thursday evening (they are open til 8 PM on Thurs) or on a Saturday. Here is the information for Among Friends:

Among Friends
http://www.amongfriendsquiltshop.com/
9537 Taylorsville Road
Louisville, KY 40299
In the Jeffersontown Commons Shopping Center
Monday - Wednesday: 9:30-6:00
Thursday: 9:30-8:00
Friday: 9:30-6:00
Saturday: 9:30-3:00
Sunday: closed

Then we could grab a bite to eat and do a "show and tell" or some tutorials or whatever everyone wants to do. If we plan ahead, I could try to get a room reserved somewhere. If we go just up to Hurstbourne there is a Max & Ermas, Famous Daves, Melting Pot (wonderful but pricey), Steak and Shake, and a dozen other places to eat.

Ya'll just let me know your thoughts and I'll start working on it :D
Old 10-28-2010, 10:53 AM

Hi Qbee, I found you! I'm Joanna from Goshen and would be interested in meeting. I don't quilt, but collect quilts. It runs in the family! We've all appreciated the textile arts, but not all of us in my family have the patience or manual dexterity to do quilting. Another KY. gal suggested that the group might like to see some of my quilts. That's a possibility!

Many of my quilts will be hanging at St. John United Methodist Church at an event in November called "Renewal of the Heart". It's a "tea".....and a lot of other food....and a guest speaker. The quilts hang in the gym. It dresses up the event. However, the quilts do hang rather high and the detail work can't be appreciated. The quilts are not the main attraction. They're just decoration. You can check out the event at www.stjohnprospect.com.

If you'd like to see them up close, I'd love to come to your planned gathering.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by jslider
Hi Qbee, I found you! I'm Joanna from Goshen and would be interested in meeting. I don't quilt, but collect quilts. It runs in the family! We've all appreciated the textile arts, but not all of us in my family have the patience or manual dexterity to do quilting. Another KY. gal suggested that the group might like to see some of my quilts. That's a possibility!

Many of my quilts will be hanging at St. John United Methodist Church at an event in November called "Renewal of the Heart". It's a "tea".....and a lot of other food....and a guest speaker. The quilts hang in the gym. It dresses up the event. However, the quilts do hang rather high and the detail work can't be appreciated. The quilts are not the main attraction. They're just decoration. You can check out the event at www.stjohnprospect.com.

If you'd like to see them up close, I'd love to come to your planned gathering.
Wow! That's so funny. I have friends that go to St. John's and it was the pastor at St. Johns that worked with my father this past summer when he was at the end. Ironically, I took my first quilting class about a month before my dad passed. I fell totally in love with quilting and had no idea how much of a comfort it was about to be for me. I will look into the event and maybe see you there! :D
Old 10-28-2010, 11:27 AM

Gail,

Was it the current pastor Dan Huck who tended to your father or the previous pastor? I have been in the church only about 3 years and didn't know the previous pastor.

Please, if you'd like to come to Renewal of the Heart, Nov. 19, let me know and I'll get you a ticket.

Coincidence, maybe not! Joanna
Old 10-28-2010, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by jslider
Gail,

Was it the current pastor Dan Huck who tended to your father or the previous pastor? I have been in the church only about 3 years and didn't know the previous pastor.

Please, if you'd like to come to Renewal of the Heart, Nov. 19, let me know and I'll get you a ticket.

Coincidence, maybe not! Joanna
Yeah...it was Pastor Dan. I just lost dad about 3 months ago. He was wonderful.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:37 PM

I'm not that far from Louisville (Cincinnati) ... as long as it's a Saturday or Sunda I could meet up with you all (providing you all would want me too :D)