Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Baked Ziti - A Crowd Pleasing Recipe! >

Baked Ziti - A Crowd Pleasing Recipe!

Baked Ziti - A Crowd Pleasing Recipe!

Old 11-20-2010, 05:35 PM

I just love baked ziti and it's one of the best! It's a 5 star recipe I make all the time and don't have the instructions, just the ingredients I use. It's the same process for making lasagna or any italian dish. It makes a huge amount that you can reheat for meals all week long!! Cook your noodles, drain while cooking the meat at the same time and draining it. Then add the sauces and cheeses. Combine it all. Bake 45-50 min. @425 or 2 hrs. on high in crock pot.

Baked Ziti

- 1 lb. ziti (I use rigatoni alot of times in with it, half and half)
- 1 onion
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 jars spaghetti sauce (I use Italian Garden)
- 6 oz. provolone cheese
- 1-1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 oz. mozzarella, shredded
- 2 TBSP. parmesan

** To make the Italian version, substitute ricotta cheese (or cottage cheese) for the sour cream (mix an egg in the ricotta), use a slice of mozzarella for the top and add lots of Italian seasonings, i.e., basil, oregano, garlic, Italian seasoning mix, parsley and add 1/2 lb. Italian sausage, cooked and drained.

You will get rave reviews for this dish! Most of the time I halve the recipe. Enjoy!!!
Old 11-20-2010, 06:30 PM

mmmmmmm, one of my favorites
Old 11-20-2010, 06:30 PM
Power Poster

Yummy, Thanks!
Old 11-20-2010, 06:42 PM

This sounds SO good!! (So when are you making it for us?? :roll: )
Old 11-20-2010, 07:06 PM
Power Poster

Yummy. Thanks for sharing. That sounds wonderful.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
I would love nothing MORE than to serve all of you 18K+ quilters here on the board baked ziti with my homemade garlic bread but I hope I can do it in shifts!!! hahahaha!!!! Like Billy Graham once said, 'I hope you all don't come at once!!!' hahaha!!! OMG, we ALL must get together for one big COOK-IN!!! haha. If it doesn't happen down here, we'll just have to do it in heaven!!! I'm counting on it!! And if anyone reading this doesn't know about heaven yet or eternal life, please PM me and we'll get you straightened out with God's help!!! hahaha!! I hope my message is not censored, the Lord willing!

:D :D ;)
Old 11-21-2010, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by n2scraplvr
I just love baked ziti and it's one of the best! It's a 5 star recipe I make all the time and don't have the instructions, just the ingredients I use. It's the same process for making lasagna or any italian dish. It makes a huge amount that you can reheat for meals all week long!! Cook your noodles, drain while cooking the meat at the same time and draining it. Then add the sauces and cheeses. Combine it all. Bake 45-50 min. @425 or 2 hrs. on high in crock pot.

Baked Ziti

- 1 onion
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 6 oz. provolone cheese
- 1-1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 TBSP. parmesan

** To make the Italian version, substitute ricotta cheese (or cottage cheese) for the sour cream (mix an egg in the ricotta), use a slice of mozzarella for the top and add lots of Italian seasonings, i.e., basil, oregano, garlic, Italian seasoning mix, parsley and add 1/2 lb. Italian sausage, cooked and drained.

You will get rave reviews for this dish! Most of the time I halve the recipe. Enjoy!!!
I make this all the time except I do it in layers, i.e. 1/2 the noodles, then the provolone, then the sour cream, 1/2 the meat mixture, then the other 1/2 noodles, then mozzarella, then the rest of the meat and sprinkle with parmasean. My family loves it!
Old 11-21-2010, 08:00 AM

I would love nothing MORE than to serve all of you 18K+ quilters here on the board baked ziti with my homemade garlic bread but I hope I can do it in shifts!!! hahahaha!!!! Like Billy Graham once said, 'I hope you all don't come at once!!!' hahaha!!! OMG, we ALL must get together for one big COOK-IN!!! haha. If it doesn't happen down here, we'll just have to do it in heaven!!! I'm counting on it!! And if anyone reading this doesn't know about heaven yet or eternal life, please PM me and we'll get you straightened out with God's help!!! hahaha!! I hope my message is not censored, the Lord willing!

Can you imagine ALL of us converging on any place at one time??? That would be a sight to see for sure! :lol:
Old 11-21-2010, 09:26 AM

Can you imagine ALL of us converging on any place at one time??? That would be a sight to see for sure! :lol:
Love this :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 11-21-2010, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by virtualbernie

Baked Ziti

- 1 onion
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 6 oz. provolone cheese
- 1-1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 TBSP. parmesan

I make this all the time except I do it in layers, i.e. 1/2 the noodles, then the provolone, then the sour cream, 1/2 the meat mixture, then the other 1/2 noodles, then mozzarella, then the rest of the meat and sprinkle with parmasean. My family loves it!
I quit layering years ago (!) on all the Italian dishes as I find I like the surprises of cheese hidden in different areas! I do make sure all the pasta though is covered with sauce first whether in the crock pots or baking dish to ensure against hard dried pasta results. It's a process too time-consuming for me that I like just as well with ingredients scattered. It all comes out good to me!!

:D :D :D